Battle: Los Angeles is an amazing XBLA game! XD

I just bought this game on a whim for 400MSP since I sort of enjoyed the movie, and boy, what an amazing XBLA game! It follows the movie so closely, the writing is superb, the voice acting is top notch, the graphics put most retail games to shame, and the gameplay is simple and fluid.

A good, cheap, movie-based XBLA game, wouldn't that be great? Too bad none of that was true LOL... I just beat the entire game in 35 minutes!!! Had I skipped the cutscenes and not gone after the rocket launcher achievement, it would've probably been much less.

I had no idea that it was this short, but at least it redeems itself (not really) with easy achievements... They took a mediocre movie, which has a runtime of about two hours, and cut it down to half an hour. The funny thing is, they actually covered the entire movie pretty well in that short span. If you had played this before seeing the movie, you would of spoiled it for yourself, although there isn't much to spoil.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I heard they both sucked. I guess for 400 msp it is fair though. I'm glad I didn't see the movie though.

- I hope Prometheus is good.

I strongly disagree and will leave it at that.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Just beat the game again on Normal in 28 minutes...
[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

I strongly disagree and will leave it at that.

[/quote]Strongly disagree with what?

That Battle: Los Angeles is an amazing XBLA game. Just my opinion anyway.

Battle:LA was an awful movie by movie standards.

Battle: LA was an awful game, even by XBLA standards. $5 is still too much to ask for most XBLA games, especially for Battle: LA

So you don't recommend it?

I might consider the XBLA game if it were around a dollar, two at most, but I'm still mad I'll never get the two hours of my life I wasted watching the movie...

[quote user="xDefySpace"]

[/quote]Haha, after reading my original post, it almost sounds like I'm praising the game. My sarcasm failed due to poor wording...

This game defines both RIPOFF and MEDIOCRE. You might as well take $5 out of your wallet, cut it up, and then proceed to light it on fire. You'll get a lot more enjoyment out of doing that than playing this game. That being said, if you want a really easy 200 gamerscore, pick it up. I'm on my 3rd and last playthrough on Hard, and it will have taken me less than an hour and a half to 100% it.

If this game had difficult achievements, I would be really peeved right now!

I'll take your word for it. I got Bastion like you told me and I loved it. It was very enjoyable, great game. And okay I'll pass up on it haha. Thanks for the advice. ^_^

[quote user="Black Wolf XCI"]

[quote user="xDefySpace"]

[/quote]This game defines both RIPOFF and MEDIOCRE. You might as well take $5 out of your wallet, cut it up, and then proceed to light it on fire.

[/quote]This lol.