Batman Arkham Knight

I purchased a digital copy of this game the day it came out and has played great. Can anyone tell me why suddenly it says it needs to check my usage rights? I know there is a problem with xbox live right now but just because there is a problem on their end it shouldn't prevent me from playing a game I purchased from their store offline on my console.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Right there with you. I cannot play the game either because Live is having issues. It is asinine that they have the system the way it is. Not being able to play offline digital games because they are having issues with their service is backwards. The DRM is too much. I didn't pay $99 for a game to not be able to play it. I just hope in the future they get smarter with how they run digitally bought games.

In before the trolls: Yes I have connection to Live, yes I deleted and re-added my live account, yes I reset the dashboard multiple times, yes I have it set as my home console, yes my NAT is open and all services are supposedly available, yes it is a wired connection and there is nothing wrong with my router, internet, ect.

To Microsoft, please fix the way DRM  works on your digital games (single player) so we are able to play them offline when you have issues with your network. I do not get much time to play games anymore and you seem to have issues on the weekends a lot when I am able to play. Yet I can't if Live is down (Even single player) Guess I need to only buy disc based versions of games until this gets resolved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Guys,

Xbox does listen to their customers, any ideas you have post them here https://xbox.uservoice.com/

Learn about usage rights here http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/Usage-Rules 

just make any new xbox one's "MY HOME XBOX"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.