Batman AC retail bonuses (playable Robin)

[quote]Retailer Best Buy is offering up Robin as an exclusive download for those who pre-order the game through the company. If there's a catch, it's that Robin will only be playable in two challenge maps.

GameStop, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Amazon would be getting pre-orders (GameStop has its own exclusive pre-order bonus: Joker's Carnival Challenge map), but at the time, Best Buy's was listed simply as a "combo pack."

Perhaps we'll see Robin available as a DLC some time after release.[/quote]

Now Dante will be happy.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/batman_arkham_city/b/xbox360/archive/2011/06/12/robin-playable-in-batman-arkham-city.aspx

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

what is the point of posting on this thread if you hate superheroes? The first word of the title is Batman

looks great . Good find SJ.

Tim Drake it is.

Robin would be a cool add-on/bonus material. I wonder how his play would differ from Catwoman & Bats? Are they gonna add Bat-girl, Nightwing and tons of others as alternate costumes too?

It is quite funny reading about this, every other article outside of this thread has this same reaction to playing as Robin. So much hate!

So i guess by putting Robin in it as dlc they dont want anyone to play it I am looking forward to this game but will not be buying that dlc

I really hope that day of DD domination  comes after i die.  I would like the Red Robin.

[quote user="voteDC"]

Not a fan of the coming reboot after Flashpoint at all. In classic DC style they are rebooting somethings but keeping others, which just adds inconsistencies which means they'll have to do another Crisis down the line to sort them out. If they want to reboot they should do it in the Ultimate Marvel style and start with a complete clean slate.

The digital releases on the same day are really going to annoy the retailers. I suspect DC are just doing it because they think people will plump for the 'official' versions over the scans that are put out the same day.

[/quote]

I thought that would have been best. Minus the whole Ultimatum thing. That's the problem though. Even with the Ultimate universe to start fresh and pull in new readers, it eventually builds up its own background and characters and you're back to square one. Hence Ultimatum to wipe it all out.

The best way I can see is that once, maybe twice a year you have small story arcs that keep it simple and introduce the characters and story in a way that doesn't confuse a new reader and then slowly introduce him to the universe.

Easy pick up points and a good way for older readers who have been out of the loop to jump back in.

I believe DC had planned Earth One to be DCs version of Ultimate. There's already an issue of Earth One Superman that was...ok. I don't think it'll take off.

Digital copies are a blessing for me, with no real retail store for comics unless I'm willing to drive for 9 hours. Retailers will just have to except that digital is the future, one way or the other. There'll always be a place for retail, but not as the main focus anymore.

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

[quote user="Chris PharmD"]

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

That's cool and all....but if I preorder can I remove Catwoman entirely?

[/quote]

If I preorder can I remove Catwoman's clothes entirely?

[/quote]

This made me laugh pretty hard.

[/quote]LOLThat made my day.

Ty Static and Vote  for the pics and lil explanation.