Bare hands ---> one handed?

I was wondering if by attacking bare handed, you increase your one hand (or 2 hands) weapon skill mastery. And if that weapon's branch perks apply therefore to unarmed attacks.

Since there are items like armored gloves and skills like Iron Fists that boost unarmed combat, I thought the developers wanted you to take interest in that optiion (since Khajit as example, deal even more damage thanx to claws), and that it affect at least the single hand skill increase.

Yet, I never ever saw my weapon (1 nor 2 handed) skill bars increase while fightind unarmed. What do you think?

And by the way, do the Khajiits's +15 claw bonus mean that every one-hand weapon below damage 15 is useless? (Aside for reach and any one-hand skill you bought of course)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

"And by the way, do the Khajiits's +15 claw bonus mean that every one-hand weapon below damage 15 is useless? (Aside for reach and any one-hand skill you bought of course)"

It means that any weapon below 20 is useless, yes, theoretically. And no, it doesn't increase any skills.

Why below 20? Does everyone have a basic +5 unarmed damage?

Anyway what about skills? As example, does the "Backstab" skill bonus apply to barehanded back stealth attack, or just if equipping one-handed weapon? I mean, can I do an unarmed istant stealth kill like beaking the neck?

Claws do 4x normal damage.

The active effect 'Claws' gives +15 damage, which means that the base damage is five. Five times four is twenty, and therefore a Kajiit's basic unarmed attacks are superior to anything with less than 20 damage.

Backstab and whatnot I can't speak for because I haven't put much (any, really) time into playing a stealthy character.

Ok, now I got it. I didn't know that the description for the claws was "x4 normal damage", I thought it was "+15", where the basic was an unknown value.

Aside for Backstab, what about 1-hand skills? Like Paralyzing Strike, Savage Strike, Bladesman... do those apply to barehands?

I think there's a skill in heavy armour that adds extra damage to unarmed attacks when having heavy gauntlets equipped.

-

EDIT: Fists of Steel - Heavy Armor - Unarmed attacks with Heavy Armor gauntlets do their armor rating in extra damage.

The Fists of Steel perk is currently broken and Khajiits are the only race worth using for unarmed combat.