Banning From Halo Reach Matchmaking

Hello there XBOX

I am having a problem regarding Halo Reach Matchmaking

The problem is that, after playing 3-5 games online, my Xbox disconnects from the internet. This is definitely not due to a bad connection at my end because i have never had a problem with any other games online. I never experience lag when I am connected either. Although this is certainly annoying, it is not what bothers me most

The issue is,  after three or so disconnects, Halo gives me a 10 minute ban because it assumes that i  am rage quitting but i am honestly not.

I am not asking to have my connection assessed or anything like that, but i was hoping that you could provide me somekind of exclusion from being banned for 10 minutes because it is extremely irritating

I have rung XBOX LIVE Support and they could not help me out and instead referred me to the Forums here.

I have also checked on the Bungie website and they say in their FAQ - http://www.bungie.net/Help/content.aspx?link=bungienet_help#_3

"Microsoft is now handling all Halo matchmaking and ban enforcement for Halo titles. You will need to contact Xbox LIVE support regarding issues with your Xbox LIVE account/Gamertag. Xbox LIVE support can be reached at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/contact/ or by phone at 1-800-4MY-XBOX."

Thanks in advance

Shay10000

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Edit.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are experiencing constant disconnects from XBL then you should look at your network setup. Just because it doesn't affect other games doesn't mean there may not be an issue on your end.

For starters go to speedtest.net and run three tests; one close to you, one far from you and one in between. Then post the results here; download, upload and ping speeds.

Also, unplug both your modem and router for five minutes, then plug them back in. Sometimes a total hard reboot solves things.

Are you connected from console to network via wireless or wired?

Sorry this didn't help.

Speeds from nearby (auckland where i am situated) - Ping: 42ms, Download: 6.35, Upload: 1.2

Speeds from tauranga - Ping: 48ms, Download: 6.43, Upload: 1.2

Speeds from far away in Perth, Australia - Ping: 119ms, Download: 4.32, Upload: 1.2

Im sure this is more than sufficient. Besides, I can run Halo Reach online when my plan has run out and reverted to dailup, but again it will disconnect every 3 games or so

I have tried console resets, modem resets, installing the newest firmware for the modem and numerous different setups. here are some-

Xbox wired trough a Cat5 cable to a computer bridged through to router

Xbox going directly to router

Wireless Xbox unit networked linked to router

They all produce the same result of being disconnected every 3 games on average when playing the game Halo Reach.

I have had no issues whatsoever with games including BFBC2, GOW2, Call of Duty Series, or even Halo ODST.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Whatever/wherever the problem is, I can tolerate being disconnected. I cannot tolerate being banned for something that I cannot control. I was hoping that I would be able to have some kind of ban exemption put on for my Halo Reach account. I have talked to Xbox Live customer service who told me that this can be done by appealing to "enforcers" here at the Xbox forums

Help would be greatly apprecitated

Sorry this didn't help.

Please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you using uPnP, Port Forwarding or DMZ on your router for your console?

Sorry this didn't help.