Banned?? Why?

Ok seriously I just started playing halo4 a few rounds and I got banned for a week from voice messages...So like if I have done nothing wrong why did I get banned? Help please..Is there any way to apeal it????

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you got banned or suspended check in the ban & suspension forums.

Wait for that dude to link the Official Halo 4 Bans Thread.

It seems everyone that gets banned is innocent...  Did you send anyone a message that would be classed as 'inappropriate'?  Somebody you sent a message to dobbed you in and someone has checked it out and deemed it bannable.

I've sent inappropriate messages to teammates that have deliberately betrayed me in CTF.

No I did not send any messages at all to ppl. I barely was playing and a pop up said I was banned for a week...:(....I never talk or send inappropriate messages period. I mute players if they are..

Just got to Party Chat and wait the ban out...

From past experience, there is nothing you can do unfortunately.  I got banned from xboxlive for 48 hours for allegedly abusing people and having an offensive profile.  I only ever play in private parties - even on my own I make a party so I dont have to listen to people screaming.  I tried both the online chat, which was useless and phoned MS.  While the guy on the phone was sympathetic he told me there was nothing he could do.

It was probably one of those things where the game bugged out and you're getting punished for no reason.  Other than that one week without voice messages, no big deal (it still shouldn't happen though).

According to the Halo 4 ban thread, the voice ban are happen when you have to many people mute you in a certain timeframe. It seems to be a problem since evidently there are now people just muting everyone, not out of habit, but simply hoping to cause other players to get voice bans. And although the message says that the voice ban lasts one week the moderators are saying that voice bans last two.

Also be aware that you could be getting muted because your mic emits a shrill or static sound constantly that you are completely unaware of.