Banned, but don't know why or how long

My son was playing last night and we noticed it said he was banned before we made him quit and go to bed. This morning, it is showing he was banned from just about everything except custom games. I have been on the phone and chat and all sorts of places to find out:
1. Why was he banned/what did he do ( so we can talk to him about it so he doesn't keep doing it)
2. How long will the ban be for (this is his first offence and enforcement.xbox.com shows he has a perfect rating and not 1 report for any behavior/misconduct.)
3. And how to contest this.
He has never been banned or told anything about how he plays before. Last night it was someone who is a follower of his that he decided to play with that was killing him all night. How is it that he is banned? This is incredibly frustrating.

for information about his ban and to see about submitting a case review, you would need to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

We have already been to enforcement.xbox.com and it doesn't show there.  It says he has a perfect rating, no complaints, and is almost all green on the needle scale.  We have talked to xbox people and all they could tell us is the "343" banned him and it should show up why and for how long, but it doesn't.  Can anyone help.  He is basically only able to do custom games right now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If he's only suspended from Halo, then that would mean he received a game specific ban, not an Xbox ban. You would want to try going through support here - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/support for more information. Xbox does not handle game specific bans. 

The rep system on the enforcement site has nothing to do with suspensions/bans.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If he's only suspended from Halo, then that would mean he received a game specific ban, not an Xbox ban. You would want to try going through support here - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/support for more information. Xbox does not handle game specific bans. 

The rep system on the enforcement site has nothing to do with suspensions/bans.

THANKS A TON!!!! YOU ROCK!  This is the best info I have received after phn calls and such!  I really appreciate it.  I'm heading that way now.  Have a blessed day!!!!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!

As Smwutches mentioned, in-game bans are not something we have information on so we don't know how long the duration is.

That said, I can tell you that quit penalties in Halo 5 increase with each quit. A single quit or two won't necessarily penalize you but if you are a habitual quitter, the length of the 'quit ban' will increase after each offense. There IS a "cool down" period on that but we do not have information how long that is. So if your son has quit multiple matches, a quit ban is applied as the quit has disrupted at least 3 others (in the case of Team Doubles) and up to 15 others (Big Team Battle). You can find more information on quit bans in the, "Why was I banned?" thread pinned in the Halo 5: Guardians Support section.

You'll want to direct any further questions to that thread.

Hopefully this helps a bit!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 24, 2021 Views 69 Applies to: