BANJO-KAZOOIE

Will thier ever be a true sequel to banjo-tooie i mean its the reason why microsoft bought them for to appeal to the casual family crowd and now that they have them why not use this great series and would anyone else like to see both classics updated using nuts and bolts engine.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There WAS a true sequel. It was Nuts & Bolts and it was an incredible sequel(more people need need to realize this)

Anyways, no. We will likely never see another one, unfortunately. Microsoft tried to get the series going again, but fans refused to give Nuts and Bolts a chance despite it being one of the best games available on the Xbox 360. It ended up not selling well. So Banjo is currently boxed up in Microsofts attic.

Several ex-developers for Rare have said they are making a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie, so there's that.

I also have a few choice words for Rare on their approach to Nuts and Bolts and it becomes even more evident when you look at the subtext (LOL) of their humor and realize how pretentious and cynical it is. I can't help but feel like they have given and are really as washed out as they seem to be these days.

Nuts and bolts was a great game but it could have easily been better if they had a true racing mode that made sense, and a combat mode that made sense vs ai. also I wouldn't call it much of a sequel

-

a side note I still have to beat nuts and bolts, I have the final mission vs witch guy unlocked but haven't done it yet.

-

MS hates games, so they wouldn't let rare make a good game if their lives depended on it, which is why the majority of rare devs quit.

I would also love to see an offical Banjo and Kazooie 3 video game and a complete remake of the first 2 with updated graphics. I read that shortly after Microsft aquired "Rare". The two developers who were lead designers on the Banjo and Kazooie franchise left "Rare" for other projects.

So, short of the original developers returning to "Rare". There would have to be another group of developers hired-on at "Rare". Who are as enthusiastic about the Banjo and Kazooie franchise and have a great idea for a 3rd sequel.

"Banjo and Kazooie Nuts n' Bolts" had great physics. It was fun trying-out different flying vehicle configurations and seeing how they would fly in different ways. Overall it was more of a side quest than an official sequel to Banjo-Tooie.

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

There WAS a true sequel. It was Nuts & Bolts and it was an incredible sequel(more people need need to realize this)

Anyways, no. We will likely never see another one, unfortunately. Microsoft tried to get the series going again, but fans refused to give Nuts and Bolts a chance despite it being one of the best games available on the Xbox 360. It ended up not selling well. So Banjo is currently boxed up in Microsofts attic.

[/quote]

As a huge fan of the first two games on the N64, Nuts and Bolts was horrid to me.

[quote user="Judge Bergan"]

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

[/quote]

As a huge fan of the first two games on the N64, Nuts and Bolts was horrid to me.

[/quote]

Yeah, it quite clearly was not a true sequel, more of a spin-off. The whole vehicle stuff should have been a side-mission or side-gameplay. They should have stuck to the true gameplay from the originals. They had the right tone in the game, the right music, the right humour, atmospherically it felt like a Banjo Kazooie game, but in gameplay-wise, it was a huge let-down.

doesn't make it a bad game, it was freaking fun to play and creative.

Is it too much to say I wish Rare had stayed with Nintendo and kept creating classics like Donkey Kong and Star Fox?

the sad thing is they probably would have been better off with family values nintendo.

Wish nuts and bolts was a true platformer.  I myself don't get into games with creative aspects like that, not really a builder here.  So the game was pretty boring.