Bailing out of chopper when hit by a rocket

Am I one of the few who would like to see this eliminated from BF3. Ex: You shoot an RPG hit the blackhawk everyone onboard bails.

Pro's: You in return get +100 for destroying the vehicle and the benefit of not having that chopper in the air.

Con's: Downside all 1-5 passengers are still alive which means no tickets lost. Also they may be scattered all over your base now. You miss out on a couple hundred points. Your effort has pretty much gone to waste.

What is your opinion on this matter?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's kinda stupid how many advantages the helicopters get in this game. Armour, speed, manoeuverability, normally only 1 AA gun which is destroyed easily and the abililty to cancel out tracers using smoke which recharges fast. It's understandable how so many people want to spend all their time in a chopper, the chances of dying is very low with minimal practice.

I still see the majority of choppers doing a sideway plunge into a mountain most of the time. On the rare occasion I see a pro flying around, there is nothing more frustrating. You're right though, Thersa nothing worse then spending 20 min trying to bring one down, dying constantly, only to see everyone bail once the choppers hit.

Worst bit is the chopper respawns in minutes. Added insult is if there are loads of people queueing up for the chopper the game is boring.

I don't mind it at all. As soon as they bail, I see a good portion of my team rush over to the parachutes falling down and see the kills happen after. Also, a good way to make sure nobody survives is using the Carl with explosives MK II. So long as they don't use vehicle armor (which I rarely ever see anybody but my friends use, since I pilot when I fly) it shouldn't be too hard. Bailing out of vehicles has been in BF for a while and I doubt it'll stop, especially when I'm pretty sure they announced people in tanks can already bail out and repair the salvage right before it explodes to save their teammates and even keep the tank going. Forgot where I read that, nor do I know if it's confirmed, but I wouldn't be too surprised.

I don't mind the bailing out of vehicles, the only problem I find is how they can bail out after they have been blown up. I think once that the chopper is hit by the rocket or VADS and it reaches 0 health then the people inside shouldn't have the ability to jump out. If they jump out before it hits 0 then fine but there's now way someone should be able to jump out when that chopper is already destroyed.

Am I one of the few who would like to see this eliminated from BF3. Ex: You shoot an RPG hit the blackhawk everyone onboard bails.

Pro's: You in return get +100 for destroying the vehicle and the benefit of not having that chopper in the air.

Con's: Downside all 1-5 passengers are still alive which means no tickets lost. Also they may be scattered all over your base now. You miss out on a couple hundred points. Your effort has pretty much gone to waste.

What is your opinion on this matter?

I agree a hit  to destroy is a hit to destroy all, no bailout options

I'm using the AT4 because I've alreasy plat'ed the Gustav. So yeah.

I agree with Freed, that is exactly what I would like to see implamented. Once the vehicle reaches 0 you are done.

Kind of like Bc1 where your chopper would spin but you couldn't bail out once your health reached 0.

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

I don't mind it at all. As soon as they bail, I see a good portion of my team rush over to the parachutes falling down and see the kills happen after. Also, a good way to make sure nobody survives is using the Carl with explosives MK II. So long as they don't use vehicle armor (which I rarely ever see anybody but my friends use, since I pilot when I fly) it shouldn't be too hard. Bailing out of vehicles has been in BF for a while and I doubt it'll stop, especially when I'm pretty sure they announced people in tanks can already bail out and repair the salvage right before it explodes to save their teammates and even keep the tank going. Forgot where I read that, nor do I know if it's confirmed, but I wouldn't be too surprised.

[/quote]Same here.

It doesn't bother me.

I do the same thing when I'm hit.

I don't have much of a problem with this. Yeah it can be annoying at first, but then I can play target practice with all the failing passengers. ^__^