Bad news for DA2 lovers... They are stopping work on DA2.

Apparently they are stopping all further work for DA2. They did have expansions planned but they are stopping them. :( They will focus on the development of DA3 and bringing it back to its origins roots, so at least there is an upside. I'm not sure if we are supposed to provide links but, if people ask I will. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Heey!! I have a Code for an Armor... anyone wants? :3

I dont play DA2 -w-

@Lance, if you purchased DA2 new, you got a code for The Black Emporium.  You could restat/reshape/change his/her looks within the Emporium.

The loss of more expansions for the game. Will not hurt me at all. I only purchased a handful of them for the first Dragon Age Origins. I slightly regretted the purchase. Though, I was glad to see a version of DA1 released. Which came with all of the expansions. That means even those who do not have Xbox Live can get there hands of those expansions.

There is one key element I would like to see in Dragon Age 3. That is the implementation of the Restat and Reskill item that Dragon Age Awakening had. Neither DA1 nor DA2 had this item. Which meant I had to literally go into my Xbox's system memory. So I could clear my old characters out. I had to do that on more than one occasion as well.

For me, that was the best thing about DA1, 2 and the expansion. So much statistic customization that you could experiment with.

ummm if alistair comes back, i will have to buy it. even though i still havent finished 2, i do like the 1st one better and i am hoping that they go back to that style.

I think if they do integrate co-op into the DA3 I think it should be more like fable 2 co-op, so that way there is more of a smaller and controlled group of players in one world.  If they did have co-op I think it would be cool if maybe one or two other players could interract with the characters in your world vice-versa.  Like if you and a friend start a quest together perhaps as the host world player is clearing out a dungeon or something, the guest player could go turn in the quest(if it was a small quest not a main quest line quest).  I don't think an mmo kind of thing would really work for the feel that I get from Dragon age compared to something like ME...  As for what the map should be like, I like the map system they already have, I think the only real problem that people had with DA2 was the fact that it was covering such a small area and they were re-using areas over and over again.  Something else that they should consider bringing back is the plethora of options that one had in Origins compared to DA2, perhaps instead of having Varric narrate during the whole game perhaps they could have had the Seekers dragging him in after you finished the game to tell Hawke's story I think that would have been pretty cool :)...

If they integrate it into the single player like in Mass effect I'd never forgive them. Plus, if they make some of the achievements require playing in mulitplayer then that will be a huge problem for me, none of my friends play this sort of game on Xbox.

Typical... keep deflecting honest questions without saying anything. David Gaider is following in Casey Hudson's footsteps. What infuriates me the most hough, is the mindset that developers have nowadays that the only way a game will be any success, is by having multiplayer in it. Games like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Final Fantasy VII, Sonic Adventure etc, didn't have multiplayer, and they were huge successes in their own right... and WITHOUT mutliplayer.

This from the dragon age wiki (news section), an interview with David Gaider: 

• Q: What kind of disadvantage will those of us who don't play Multiplayer (you guys know you're doing this) be at?
  • A: This is the sort of question that will be easier to answer when we talk about what kind of multiplayer we will have. Mike mentioned at the panel that we were looking more towards Baldur's Gate style co-operative multiplayer as our source of inspiration, but more than that will need to wait.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did put it in h0rn3t666... as I said, with the precedent of multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 (Playing as special operations operatives), and with the War being raged between Mage and Templar... BioWare will find a way to put it in. I predict... Dragon Age III will have multiplayer. After trusting and then being failed by Casey Hudson with Mass Effect 3... I just hope they give us a decent ending in Dragon Age III, not the 'artistic and philosophical' endings in Mass Effect 3.

You make the point much better than I did Deaths Head 200, although I think that it has been said that they are planning to introduce a multiplayer element.