Bad Gta 5 online update?

So I get the error code when ONLY trying to update gta 5. Other updates on different games work just fine and can connect to xbox live no problem.

4099-0000-D080-0200-8007-045D is the error code and couldn't find it on the error list. Have tried resetting router/modem and clearing the system cache. Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Sorry you couldn't find the error code on the list.  Usually you only need to look for a few digits of the code.  Here you go:

A storage device (such as a memory unit or hard drive) was not found during the software update. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off your console.
  2. Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 E console or Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.
  3. Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.
  4. Turn on the console
  5. Try updating the console again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sounds like your harddrive isn't working right or you don't have enough space on it. Try removing the harddrive and putting it back in as describe above if you have enough space. If you don't have enough space then try removing some stuff off your harddrive or use a usb stick.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I have 186GB free space. And sadly I have tried this many times. Is it a possible rockstar error? I know they are having issues with online but I cant even be on live and play story mode. I have no usb drives in or memory cards though and its a 56 mb update.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also I have tried resetting my modem and router.  I'm on wireless connection and have tried to connect via ethernet cable to see if that helped. Again just gta 5 is doing this. I can play battlefield or halo or whatever and have downloaded other, larger updates for other games as well and have had no problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Boris,

If I'm understanding correctly it is just the title update for GTA V that came out a few days ago that is giving you an error code.

If that is correct, Rockstar made a post about the GTA V Title Update Details that says:

[quote]
[...]if you have any problems downloading this update or are experiencing technical issues not addressed here, please hit up our tech support team at the Rockstar Support Site or on Twitter.
[/quote]

I would get in touch with their support team since it seems like this is just an issue with that update. 

Sorry this didn't help.