Bad design choices: Black Ops 2

So.... my original thread got deleted and I don't know why; it wasn't even moved to the Black Ops 2 forum.. I personally could not find anything wrong with it, but I'm guessing something was not politically correct and the thread got taken out. So I'm making a similar thread so that we may all discuss what may be the biggest design flaw in the Call of Duty franchise.

I'll be linking two videos in the next post since I do not know how to embed videos while using Rich Text mode.

Watch the first video. Only watch the first half of the second if you have time or want details; the other half is just criticisms about the game which you may or may not agree with but those are not my focus.

If you do not wish to view the videos, what they are showing is that there is a significant delay from when players can see each other. The effect is something that looks like lag, but it is actually something built into the game itself. Essentially, a player coming around a corner first will have ~0.130 seconds over the other player. Factor in lag, you've got a horrific delay time in which the first player could have killed the second player 3 times over.

Please discuss.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EyojLjUh5Q]

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFnIckyoxg]

It wouldn't be a normal day for gaming if online gamers didn't complain about something.

So is he saying that these camera problems didn't exist in earlier CODs because I remember dying around a corner in COD4, W@W and MW2. Or maybe he is saying its gotten worse.

-

Not hearing footsteps would mean I would suck on BLOPS 2. That was an integral part of my game plan.

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

So is he saying that these camera problems didn't exist in earlier CODs because I remember dying around a corner in COD4, W@W and MW2. Or maybe he is saying its gotten worse.

[/quote]I think he's saying that it has gotten worse. He shows a MW2 clip and you can definitely see some delay, but it's not as horrific as the delay in BO2,

It was probably my Aliens GIF. Apologies.

I guess they should have stuck to their criticisms of being a complete copy & paste then.

They will send an email that is attached to your xbox live id with a reason as to why they locked/deleted your thread.  I know cause I got one locked/deleted because they didn't want me making a post discussing rumors about the next xbox.

To be honest, I'm not surprised that CoD has this type of issue.  With the rushing of a new title every year, they could be "cutting corners" with net code or who knows what.  When game devs take their time and polish the game up it really does show in how the game performs both online and offline.  When you fly another game out the door year after year, it's hard to imagine much goes in the way of Q&A.  Take Bioshock Infinite for example.  The game was supposed to be out way before now, but they have pushed out the date so they can polish the game, and it doesn't even have multiplayer.  If CoD could do this, just once, you would have a different game on your hands, in my opinion. 

Though its a yearly release it still takes two years to make and ironing kinks like that out is very plausible. Even more so because there is an existing formula to follow.

[quote user="SparkStormrider"]They will send an email that is attached to your xbox live id with a reason as to why they locked/deleted your thread. [/quote]In my entire history here on the Xbox forums, this has never happened for me. This includes forum bans. I got unreasonably banned for liking chicken. Did I get a notification for what I did wrong? No. Except that I never did anything wrong but state that I liked eating chicken.

sold blops2 back after about a month of owning it. I couldnt stand it and was really excited for the pick 10 system, I thought they were changing things but it played worse online than MW3.