Azura's Star issues

I recieved Azura's star in a deidric quest and it is worthless to me. It's in my inventory but says it is empty, and I can not use it for enchantments. Anybody know how I can use this? It's suppose to be an unlimited amount of grand soul?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You need to fill it first. It's not unlimited amount of souls but it never breaks. Normal soul gems would disappear after use but the star doesn't.

To capture souls, you either need a weapon with a soul trap enchantment on it or the magic spell soul trap. Then kill that animal/person to obtain their soul. NOTE: All gems and the star can only hold one soul at a time.

What kind of creature do I have to kill to fill a grand soul gem? I have the mace of molog bol, but it isnt that beastly. Hopefully draugr or skelleton's will fill a grand soul, but I doubt it.

I'm not 100% sure but the way I look at it is, the larger the animal, the larger the gem. Apart from humans, only Black Gems/star can hold them.

Hopefully someone can confirm what fills a grand gem?

Also, if my weapon fills a soul when the enemy is killed in 4 seconds, does that mean I have to use that 1 weapon to kill him, or can I wear him down with another weapon and use the soul trap enchanted weapon to deal the final blow?

I havent soul trapped yet in Skyrim. But in oblivion you could wear them down first then just make the final blow with the soul trapping weapon.

The final blow is all that's needed to capture a soul. For me I have enchanted one of my bows with soul trap, 1 sec to kill. But as I'm playing a sneaky guy I usually kill all my foes in one because of 3x sneak bonus. So it's all I need.

if your a mage soul bound weps can w/ perk take soul or enchant a bow or sword souls will fill random gems in your inv, use petty gems to fill your bigger weps , highlight wep hiy RB to do this

Mammoths for sure are grand souls, while giants are greater souls. I got the black star since all humans are grand souls no matter what. Find a cheap soul trap weapon that you can destroy and enchant either a bow or sword for only 1 second duration so you will have the most charges for it.

Here's an "issue" I have with the Azura Star. I think I lost it somewhere?!...

^lol