Azura Star quest *possibel spolier*

I have pieced together and have the Azura star.  I'm not sure which one to give it to.  I want to to good, not evil, so any opinions pleez.  And what are black soul gems used for?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I tried it both ways.  Seems to me that the choice is neutral in terms of good vs evil.  If you return the star to Azura, you can ask Aranea to be your follower. She is a powerful Mage and is a fine companion.

There are enough black soul gems around in the game to not need one from Azura. Once you've leveled up a little necromancers often have them. I think someone said they could be mined in Blackreach. When i find them i take a bit of satisfaction in filling them with necromancers. Filled Grand Soul Gems are also fairly available. They can be bought for not too much once you get your speechcraft up. There is one that respawns in the arch mages quarters that can be swiped after Sarthaal and free once you are arch mage. The hidden chest in Dawnstar usually has one or two. Or you can kill mammoths to fill empty ones.

[quote user="Keeper of Keys"]

I have pieced together and have the Azura star.  I'm not sure which one to give it to.  I want to to good, not evil, so any opinions pleez.  And what are black soul gems used for?

[/quote]   

If you do it for good your will be blessed, and the girl worshiper will become a follower for you. She is powerful mage, and will be around you for a long time. I lost her once I joined the companies then and only then did she leave me. But you can always find her again, and she will follow you again.