Okay, I'm a U.S. Air Force vet.  I was a Tactical Response Force Operator and every day went I went to work I grabbed my rifle, my kit, and did my job with speed, surprise, and violence of action.  Today, I'm out of the USAF and am a police officer and SRT operator for the federal government of our great nation for which I served. 

We all like to express our personalitiesand character through our avatars.   Xbox Live is host to all sorts of multiplayer fps games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, and the upcoming MW3 where weapons are the main characters.  Going through the marketplace for clothing, props, animations, etc., there are no weapons!  When I turn on my Xbox, I'd like to see my avatar in full kit, resting his hands on an M4 or M249, maybe even a weapon animation going off every so often.

I work with firearms everyday and specialize in certain weapon platforms, and I take pride in how I shoot.  I don't think it's too much to ask that our avatars have an option to sling a rifle. Now when I said weapon animation, I don't mean that my character whips out a shotgun and starts popping rounds off, that would be unprofessional and maybe even offend some people.  I'm talking about something where my avatar can hold an M4, and every now and then act like he's loading it or something along those lines. I know I can't be the only person that feels this way.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I agree. It doesn't need to be offensive. Animations like cleaning a gun or holding it in a safe position would be great.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I just found out about the ban tonight as I finally decided to buy the "lancer" to go with my avatar.  Sadly Microsoft pulled all gun-type props.  My issue is that: 1) I am a 40yr old male with no criminal record yet am being treated like an easily influenced child 2) I play games filled with violence (M rated) yet can't have a prop 3) that prop "guns" (which supposedly encourage gun violence) are bad but prop "swords" and "war-hammers" (which by the same standard would encourage bloodier & more brutal violence) are fine.  As the 360 has "Parental Controls" shouldn't the PARENTS be the ones to decide if their child can have a prop or not?  Since when has MS become my parent?  They want my money but do not want me to have what I wish to purchase.

I come from a long line of hunters and soldiers.  My son got his first rifle (.243) at age 9 (he is now 14) and bagged his first deer that same season.  He also owns a .410 and bags rabbits with it.  He has never once attempted to "play" with it nor use it outside of hunting.  Why?  Because he was taught safety and respect of a firearm.  There is no illusion with him that the props are "real" or the real are "props".

Should people be offended by firearm props they should have an option which prohibits them on their consoles.  That alone would be more than enough.  I find the "trash-talk" from players far more dangerous than any props.

Sorry this didn't help.

The issue will be that Avatars are publicly available. No matter who /you/ are, there's still the potential for the 6 year old son of some anti-gun nutjob to see your Avatar.

Sorry this didn't help.

That nutjob should get his own life. Not someone else's

Sorry this didn't help.