Avatar Props - Avatar Marketplace

Yesterday I was browsing the Avatar Marketplace because I saw on IGN that Xbox has added more stuff to the Halo Collection and I noticed that they have a Needler Prop that shoots out purple darts. Don't get me wrong that's cool and I like it but I also noticed the Avatar Toy Armory collection with various Avatar Props that resemble guns and also shoot out darts. I am a little confused about this and I don't know where to go so I thought posting here would be appropriate because I am wanting to purchase or download something. On January 1st 2012 Xbox removed all Avatar Items that resemble guns. Including the Gears of War Hammerburst and Lancer. I read these two articles and it says "Xbox LIVE Marketplace has updated its policies to provide further clarity for third-party publishers submitting content for approval. This includes details about weapons such as firearms. Xbox LIVE has always reserved the right to reject or expire from the marketplace any type of weapon prop content that is deemed unsuitable for its general audience. Because the Xbox LIVE Marketplace is accessible to members of all ages, it is important our policies clearly address what content is available to all. This policy provides additional clarity to publishers in advance of the content review process." So why was the Hammerburst and Lancer removed and a few months later an Avatar Toy Armory and Needler Avatar Prop that shoots darts are put on the marketplace. I missed out on the Lancer because I didn't have a HD at the time and I would love to get one if at all possible. So can somebody please explain to me why this happened. Why was the Lancer/Hammerburst removed and a few months later other items are added. Thank you.

http://www.geekwire.com/2011/xbox-live-removing-guns-from-avatar-marketplace/

http://www.geekwire.com/2011/followup-xbox-live-disarming-avatar-marketplace/

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

I believe the needler only shoots sticky darts, not dangerous projectiles.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is because the Lancer and the Hammerburst look too much like real world weapons.

-

The Needler is an obvious fantasy weapon and those in the Toy Armour are coloured in a manner to make it clear they are not real.

-

It's an odd choice really but I guess they wanted to be able to cover themselves for some reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Th3 H3m1 R4m, you are absolutely correct about xbox's responsibility, and it is safe to buy the hammer burst/lance if you like. The last report I saw was that if you bought the lancer before the armory came to being you can keep them. What the avatar toy armory did was take the weapons and make them more (for a lack of better terms) more kid like. All weapons have a strange color scheme like red and orange or blue and yellow. They also fire fake rounds that look like nerf bullets, or in the case of Halo, needles that look more "friendly" than the in game versions. This is so people can get their weapons but still know they are fakes, thus keeping xbox safe and customers/parents happy

Hope this helps,

ih47eu2

Sorry this didn't help.