Ok Microsoft.... just not too long ago "Avatar Kinect" was announced, then a release date of 5/27/2011 was announced, but guess what.....no avatar kinect. Now it's 6/2/2011 and not a word been mentioned about the program since. I've been looking forward to using this and I'm quite sure a lot others also.  So my question is....just where is avatar kinect and when or will it ever be released?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

A lot of things were advertised for kinect, most of which never actually came out.

I personally view the Kinect as a massive failure.

I was wondering about this just the other day. I dont even have a Kinnect but i've heard you can use it even if you dont just to chat, or if you have a Vision cam you can use that as well. So I figured i'd dust mine off and give it a try.

Though like you said not a word has been said since.

Mostly likely the idea got scrapped, if it were re-scheduled you would have heard something about it.

I guess microsoft rule is if  you do not say anything do anything it will just  go away.

Is there anywhere on the xbox website that has official posts from Xbox staff? I never see anything. Nevermind Avatar Kinect, which regions STILL don't have voice controls for Kinect? (Australia certainly don't)

I think it's a big ploy, and maybe there going to mention something at E3 and when they do and has been publicly announced then it has to happen. Otherwise they'll just hang themselves and have alot of angry fanboys.

Hey are you kinect owners able to scan skateboards yet?

@Assassinator010.... Actually no, they haven't even released a skateboard game that's kinect compatible. And now that you mentioned that, there's a lot more stuff that's been swept under the rug that we been told we could be able to do...like, watch ESPN3 with friends, where's the weather and why aren't we able to watch videos with friends through video kinect yet, where's Milo, wasn't kinect joyride supposed to have been free to gold members, all we got free from that was a couple of card. And the only game that used the scan capability is kinectimals. All these things were mentioned at last years E3, it's sad but true....Microsoft sure knows how make promises they can't seem to keep. And I'm betting that they're trying to figure out a way for us to pay for the Avatar Kinect service just as they've done with joyride.

if avatar kinect isnt shown at e3 this year than i think its pretty safe to assume that it got scraped.

If they scraped it I dont think they would keep up the page saying its coming out this spring!?