Automatic Renewal activated without consent

Upon buying a one-month Live GOld membership in November it seems the Automatic renewal has been activated without proper information and without my consent. Since I stopped playing Multiplayer some days before the end of the first month, it took me a while to realize that I still had a goldmembership.
Upon realizing it, I checked my bankaccount and did not find any debiting matching a renewal. I therefore assumed that the second month was free of charge as part of a holiday-special I was not aware of, but I went to my Live-Account settings and deactivated the Automatic renewal just in case.

Now, full two weeks later, I suddenly get a message from paypal about a billing from Microsoft, matching a new month of Live Gold. Since I did not want more than one month and never recieved an Email warning me that my Gold membership will be renewed shortly, I am both unwilling and currently unable to pay for it.

I would like to be contacted as soon as possible to resolve this issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

whenever you buy gold from the console directly it turns the auto renewal back on you have to shut it off by the website or call support to turn it off before it starts charging the month after.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

You'll have to contact phone support about the billing issue (support.xbox.com/contact-us) and work with them to resolve it.

-

Wish I had more.

Sorry this didn't help.

Since no one else mentioned it I'll point out that the automatic renewal is covered in the Terms of Service that you agreed to when you set up the subscription.  So you did give consent.

Sorry this didn't help.