Authentication process redirect bug while buying XBox points

Pardon the lack of clear repro steps; I have already worked around the bug, and don't know how to retrigger the authentication process so I can get precise information, screen shots, etc.

I logged in and went to buy XBox points, and got hit with the authentication process.  The process asks the user to receive a code at their email, and then enter it.  

I didn't realize at first that it was using an old email address from when I'd first created the account, so had it send the code to the wrong address.  I finally caught the issue, and used a link to get the option to resend to a new address.  I got the code, entered it, and was redirected . . . back to the authentication process, but with the old email address.  I went through the process again, and still was redirected to the authentication page.

I finally realized what was happening - that I was likely being redirected to the page I'd been on before selecting the correct email address instead of the page I'd been on before entering the authentication process - and just went to my normal account page to see if it was unlocked (it was).  However, I wanted to inform you guys of the bug.  I would assume that any bug that could hinder people from paying you money would be of interest :-)  

Even if it's a known issue, you should know that people are, in fact, encountering this bug and it's impacting their buying experience.  I almost gave up, since I was holding a young child and didn't need my Dance Central 2 songs imported *that* badly.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi,

This issue occurs when you have bad security proofs on file. You may want to consider removing old proofs and then adding new one in or confirming the ones you have currently. Please do so by visiting this page here and reading up on how to do just that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.