Audio Receiver Issues

Using an older Panasonic receiver (saht40). The Xbox does not turn it on or off. I set everything up in proper fashion. Tv and cable box work. Strange thing is the volume and mute works using voice commands, but doesn't turn off or on with voice commands. Properly set up, but no go on the voice start up and shut down. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Normally, it would be the wrong IR code at play. Make sure this is the case by pointing the Kinect directly at the receiver, and trying the On/Off command. I assume you have tried both 'enter it' and/or 'find it'? While doing a little google/bing-foo I could not see if the remote uses RF. Give this a go if above has been handled: www.remotecentral.com/.../thread.cgi

-Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same issue with a Bose CineMate Series II. On setup the xBox will recognize the system (mute command turns off/on). All other functions work (volume up/down, mute) with both voice commands and controller. However, it will not turn off/on either from quick start or full off/on.

I have set it (along with the tv) to do both on/off (under device management - or whatever it is called). TV works perfectly. I was told by support that it is a software issue and would be resolved in later update (seems to be the pat answer for most things).

I see your post was in January, 2014. Has an update resolved your issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

Currently running in to this exact same issue with my Panasonic SA-PT956. I can use voice commands to mute and change volume but am unable to get it to turn the receiver off. This has been an annoying bummer to me because if I leave the receiver on when the Xbox is off I eventually find that the sound starts to slowly get out of sync.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there JoshAdd8!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.