Audio Issues

Hi all, we have just bought a new XBOX 360 250GB.  It is hooked up to our Panasonic HDTV by a HDMI cable, and our Sony 5.1 Surrond Sound System by an optical cable.  We are connected to the web by wireless signal and have done all updates when we first switched it on.

During the Dashboard operation (music / demos etc.) sound is both okay on the TV and 5.1 system.  The problem starts during gameplay.

We only have 2 games for the console both from our original XBOX.  They are Outrun 2 and Outrun 2006.  At a random point duirng the games a sound will freeze and continue to play until you re-set the console, this sound can be anything from engine idle to cars passing.  You can clearly hear game sound and music from actual play, but the sticking sound is always there, it seems be in a 1 or 2 second loop.  This sound issue is sent though to both the TV and 5.1 (HDMI and Optical).

I have tried to find the answers myself, but no luck.  From what I can tell the new updates have the backward compatibility in them.

From what I have read these games still seem very popular on 360, so I would have thought no-one else has this problem?

Thanks all, hope someone has our answers.

John

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey John, is this issue occurring with any other games, or just the Outrun titles? Does the same issue occur without the optical cable attached?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem when I hook my Xbox up to my SONY home theatre (bdv-e580). I've tried using optical and HDMI. The game I have been experiencing it with is Tiger Woods 13. I am going to try another game, but I think it has something to do with the Kinect. When I disconnect the Kinect, it works fine.  When I use Kinect, sound dies after about one or two holes. I am stumped and have troubleshot it quite a bit. Sony says to contact Microsoft. What do you think I need to do microsoft?

Sorry this didn't help.

please read this article from microsoft about backward compatibility, the game you are on about is listed down the page for non fixable glitches in the emulation, sound looping and hanging. hope this helps for you.

support.microsoft.com/.../2552309

here is a copy and paste of that particular game for you.

OutRun™ 2

Audio loops occasionally get stuck.

Graphics do not always stream in time around checkpoints.

Performance drops during gameplay.

Sorry this didn't help.