Audio Hiccups

As of last year I've been noticing some audio hiccups that have been kinda annoying. I've installed discs to see if it would solve the problem to no avail. Just recently I bought a couple games off that huge summer sale and tried to see if maybe downloaded games would not hiccup but right in the beginning of my farcry 3 run I started to hear the audio hiccups. Is there a simple fix to this that I'm missing? I've cleared my systems cache multiple times, I've bought a new HDMI cable, Played on another television set, and tried some old school Cartridge blowing on my hardrive. My Xbox slim is sitting pretty on an entertainment center shelf so it's not like its not getting any ventilation. This probably seems like a really minor problem but when your trying to get immersed in a story and a character is talking to you and suddenly no words are coming out of their mouth or your in a firefight and suddenly it's quite, it really kills the mood.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there Snipe,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your audio.

I would suggest trying these out and see if they show you any love:

You may also want to try removing your hard drive and installing or downloading a game to a USB drive and running it from there.

Let us know how that goes and we'll work from there. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.