Attention pilots/ About the recent update

Alright, about the recent update, some of you may have different opinions on it and you are welcome to post your thoughts on it but this is mine. It has come to my attention that jet pilots have been short handed with this update, I've happened to be a jet pilot pretty much since day one but I can say that there has never been a better time to be a jet pilot than before this recent patch. The reason being is that jets take no skill to fly anymore and anyone can hop in one and have perfect accuracy and turn speed now, also the jets have a major disadvantage against helicopters because it seems more often than not a helicopter is spending all its time just trying to shoot me down and me flying below radar not being able to do anything but cower like a pathetic child who wets his bed when the closet door is closed at night. I mean, the jets can still take out helicopters, but it just seems like if they start getting that lock on, that's it, unless you have flares, which will definately help out, but if you're use to using ecm, and most decent/good pilots more often than not are, you get completely wrecked by those missles unless you have perfect timing which it is sometimes impossible to avoid getting hit by those heatseekers.

The reason I say that jets don't take skill to fly anymore is that you have almost full turn radius without breaking, which is just unforgivable because there was no reason to change that in the first place, it just means you'll get shot down by people who you would never get shot down by before as long as they can keep that crosshair on you long enough. And with that comes my next grief about the jets is that they reduced the damage of the jet's cannon, which is another thing I don't agree with, It was fine the way it was before because it's a 20mm cannon, not a ak-47 taped to the front of the jet, so it's basically useless unless you can get at least 3/4th of the jet's magazine into a enemy jet or vehicle. Perhaps you may disagree, but I feel like I personally got cheated out of my jet by a company who sold out to catering to the noobs, before the update, if you were good in the jet, then you were good, now, anyone can just grab a jet and shoot you down when you're trying to out turn someone who should have been dead a long time ago. Anyway, that's enough for this rant, I just wanted to focus mostly on the air stuff because I'm a pretty decent pilot and I feel as if this game went from a good decent game to one that caters to noobs over night, which is basically did. Just leave your opinion on this especially if you like to fly but any opinion on the update is welcome, Thank you for taking the time to read.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Everyone has flares now.

that's just it, they made ecm completely useless, which is dumb because what's the point of even having that upgrade if it doesn't do anything now? It use to be somewhat effective if you knew how to use it after a missle launch, but now if you use it almost at anytime you better hope that the missle doesn't hit you regardless of when you use it, it just  doesn't make sense why they did some of the things they did, the only way ecm is effective now is if you use it to go below radar to escape lock on but even below radar isn't always reliable, so everyone is just sticking to flares and heatseeksers and occasionally using the cannon, which I believe isn't a fun way to play, this is dice dictating to us how they want us to play their game then.

Wait, since when did it take skill to pilot air vehicles anyway?

I don't much like to fly anyways. I'd rather be on a team that goes for objectives & wins.....I feel your pain tho....

It's always taken skill to fly the jet, if you had flown against me before the update you would have seen that, but now since the new update has come up everything is retarted it doesn't matter now since dice doesn't care about what people think, either way if they fix it go get a jet and meet me on the battlefield and I'll prove jet's take skill to fly.

[quote user="Sithy"]

Everyone has flares now.

[/quote]

Flares no longer work.

I hate Jets post patch, normally I can go really good against other pilots now a freakin scrub that just unlocked heat seekers  can shoot me down in a second. My ECM doesn't even work (doesn't break the lock) anymore! *rage quit*

I can never get hold of any aerial vehicles so I wouldn't know. When I can get them, I like to try and crash them into enemy helicopters. If you have not tried this, you should. What's even funnier is to corkscrew the whole time you're flying up to one.

The only big difference I noticed about jets post patch is the heatseeker buff. It makes dogfights even more lame than they were before.

^

Post-Patch, I don't do that anymore, I'd rather keep my life than lose it.