Asteroid Field (Spoilers*)

So if you guys have played the game in Chapter 4 theres an Asteroid Field and all and you have to survive long enough blah blah blah you know. 

I was just wondering, how many times did you guys die in this event? I honestly only died twice. I am on a Normal difficulty run and I made it through the Asteroid Field with only 27% Hull energy left. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

on my first fun i played through on hard and died about 4 times. i didn't realize the gun was automatic and kept tapping the trigger like an idiot. survived on less than 10% hull integrity.

i died quite a few times. when i finally survived i was very CLOSE to dying again.

I died a lot. Around my 5th play-through I got the "Don't get Cocky Kid" achievement. I think you have to stay about 65% integrity for that?

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

I died a lot. Around my 5th play-through I got the "Don't get Cocky Kid" achievement. I think you have to stay about 65% integrity for that?

[/quote]Close but no. You have to stay about 50%.  Some people say the game's difficulty level doesn't affect the difficulty of the asteroid game.  I don't believe this.  Tried numerous times on my impossible run.  Couldn't get it done.  Got it first try when I tried it on easy.  Seems TO ME that the asteroids move a little slower, and you take less damage on easy.  Might not be true but it can't hurt to try. 

I found that alternating between LT and RT at a steady speed works the best.  Don't bother trying to shoot down the asteroids moving towards the far right or left.  Most of them don't hit you and it takes your aim away from the center where the bigger threats are.

*ABOVE 50%*.

I'm still trying to get past the asteroid field and I am on easy!(Go ahead and laugh if you want to...I am a noob to the game so I always start on easy if I am not familiar with the franchise). I have died quite a numerous time and  once or twice been very close to the end of the field but have died at the last moment.

Nah that part is in no way easy.  At least until you get the hang of it.  I had more problems obtaining that achievement than beating the entire game on Impossible.  I know a few people no matter how long they've been trying, can't get that achievement.  If you can't get past the part, the best advice I can give is follow the tips I listed above.

I have just got to this part and did it last night after about 10 attempts. It was only on the tenth attempt that I discovered you can use both the left and right trigger (oops) and then jsut focused on the ones in the centre of the screen. did it with about 27% hull left....Hated this part of the game....

I'm hating trying to get this cheevo, friggin closest I get is 40%. Still trying though, lol.

[quote user="ICEPICJOEY"]

I'm hating trying to get this cheevo, friggin closest I get is 40%. Still trying though, lol.

[/quote]Have you tried doing it on easy? Did you try everyone's tips from above? Also I see you still need One Gun.  Easy is the best difficulty to obtain both of those. You could get both of those on one playthrough.