Assassin's Creed 1 - Most repetitive game I've ever played

Christ, I heard the stories, just thought people were exagerating.  I realise it got iffy reviews back yonder, but having played it myself am a bit bemused as to why there was some people out there that defended the game to the hilt.  don't get me wrong, the first mission is fine but the second, third... and all side missions are an exact replica of the ones you encounter during the first mission.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 26, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I liked it.  You are right the first few missions ( and side) can get alittle boring.  Hang in there it gets better.  It did for me anyway.

I'm nearly there.  Just got one more dude to kill, then no more flag hunting for me for a good few years.  I go to bed dreaming about them now.

All video games are repetitive. It's all about if you enjoy that repetitiveness or not and why are you complaining? Every AC game is in you recently played list you should have known what to expect

Erm... both 2 and Brotherhood mix it up a helleva lot more than the first one does.  And no, most games aren't like AC when it comes to repetitiveness.  The side missions are all exactly the same and i mean exactly the same.

I agree, I enjoyed the game but I just got so bored a few missions from the end that I completely stopped playing.

And that said I was absolutely addicted to ACII all the way through and never got bored once :/

the missions are repetitive, sure, but the gameplay, story, and the entire game is just fun.  I didnt mind doing the same missions over and over, I felt like the game was pure fun

It wasn't that repetitive I liked it personally. I felt like it had a good rhythm to it.

The first time I played Assassin's Creed I had fun but it did drag on at times due to repetition...

I loved it at first, but it quickly got old. #2 was much better.

I'd still need to play it...