Assassin's Creed III Washington Edition: Error code 0x80153005

A month ago, I got DLC codes from a friend who purchased the Washington Edition of Assassin's Creed III. 6 codes, none of them used, all of them shipped with a Spanish/PAL game. I tried to redeem them through the console and the game, no luck. I tried to redeem them through the website, it didn't work either. At least, the website gave me an error code: 0x80153005.

Screenshot 1. Screenshot 2.

Picture text in English for convenience

I'm Spanish and my console is too, so the region is not the problem. The codes don't have a visible expiration date, and all the items are still in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

I contacted Ubisoft Support and they told me they can't help me with XBL codes. I contacted Xbox Support via chat  and Twitter, and the codes seem to be fine.

What's the problem with the codes and how can it be fixed? I want my DLC.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 51 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  The code listed suggests that the offer is no longer available.  Considering that ACIII came out in 2012 this is most likely the reason the codes will not work but try the steps listed at the link below just to be sure.

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80153005

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried them multiple times. My console is connected to the Internet, XBL is working fine, and I am (although I don't think I need to in order to download these DLC packs) a Gold user.

It's possible that the offer is no longer available, but it would be strange considering one of those DLC packs is the Uplay Passport required to completely access the on-line multiplayer. Which is included with most Ubisoft games and usually works years after the games are released (I had no problem with Revelations and Brotherhood, which I got a couple of years after their releases).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.