Assassin's Creed III Hidden Secrets Add-On Resets Progress for Some Players

Assassin's Creed III Hidden Secrets Add-On Resets Progress for Some Players
Written Wednesday, December 05, 2012 By Richard Walker
View author's profile

A host of enormously disgruntled users have been reporting a major issue with Assassin's Creed III's first proper DLC, The Hidden Secrets pack, which was made available to Season Pass owners yesterday. Apparently playing the content is causing players' progress through the main story to be reset, while preserving progress on certain side missions and activities.

A 100% completion statistic is therefore being rolled back to 45%, placing players at the game's opening chapters, meaning essentially having to begin the story again from scratch. In some cases, completed Naval and Privateer missions have also been reset too.

As Assassin's Creed III autosaves, it seems that completed saved games might be unobtainable. It would be advisable therefore to avoid playing The Hidden Secrets DLC to prevent your main mission progress from being erased. We'll update this post as we hear more about it.

You can find out more in Ubisoft's official thread here or in our own Assassin's Creed III forum thread on the subject here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13592-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Hidden-Secrets-Add-On-Resets-Progress-for-Some-Players.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Wow that's radiculas but ive learned from previous DLC for all types of games that you just have to resist the hype and wait it out for a few days there usually broken.

OT and I apologise but @ Mr Emerge - I know you wanted to say ridiculous but you accidently created the word radiculas which in my opinion is a fine word - Its sort of a merge of Radical and Ridiculous together. Either way I shall use this word from now on.

"Ah man, did you see that guy back flip thourgh the hoop of burning knives and land on a skateboard made of razors while eating an apple - Radiculas man...radiculas"

i didn't have any problems or resets. guess i'm lucky

Ubisoft Working on Fixing Assassin's Creed III Hidden Secrets DLC Bug

Written Thursday, December 06, 2012 By Richard Walker

Yesterday, we reported on an issue affecting main campaign progress in Assassin's Creed III upon downloading the new Hidden Secrets DLC, available a week early for Season Pass holders. Ubisoft responded to the issue last night, advising a course of action for anyone planning to download the DLC while the studio works on a fix for the bug.

"Just a quick heads up, we're able to reproduce this issue at the studio and are working on a fix/workaround," Ubisoft Community Developer, Gabe Graziani wrote on the game's forums. "From what we can tell, this problem seems to be rare and should generally only affect a very small number of players. That said, we're taking the speedy and complete resolution of this very seriously."

Graziani also gave advice to anyone looking to download the DLC: "AVOIDING THIS BUG: Do not load your saved AC3 game while the DLC is downloading in the background. This appears to be the key trigger for this bug. You can do anything else you want to do, just don't load up your saved game and play it while the DLC is downloading."

Assassin's Creed III's The Hidden Secrets DLC is available to download for Season Pass holders now, and will be available to everyone else on December 11th. It includes three extra missions, including the Lost Mayan Ruins, the Ghost of War and a Dangerous Secret, for over an hour of extra gameplay, as well as two single-player costumes and two new multiplayer characters: the Redcoat and the Sharpshooter.

www.xbox360achievements.org/.../news-13603-Ubisoft-Working-on-Fixing-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Hidden-Secrets-DLC-Bug.html

"Do not load your saved AC3 game while the DLC is downloading in the background."

I would have thought that would be common knowledge in the gaming world by this point. You never load up a game while downloading stuff, especially stuff that will effect the game you are loading.

They should have released the game in november

Uh....great.

This just happened to me :P

To be fair Jameser78, I was just going to go kill some guys while waiting for the download to finish.

In my case though, all of my side missions have been reset, but the main game progress has been saved (including all my outfits and weapons).