Ascend: Hand of Kul Disconnects

I posted this in Indie games, but seeing how little traffic that forum actually gets, and because it is an actual issue, I figured I'd put it here and see if I can't get some help.

Three days ago I downloaded Ascend: Hand of Kul. First day playing, no problems. Liked it so much I spent some real money on in-game currency.

Here's the problem. Disconnects. Not just one or two over a couple of hours, but every three minutes. Okay, that's annoying, but as I said in my other post, now it's costing me money. I buy things with the in-game currency that I've bought with real money, get disconnected, and when I come back I have no in-game currency and no items. And it's not just me. The Signal forums are flooded with people who are getting disconnected, and it's apparently been going on since the end of September.

Signal Studios points the finger of blame very squarely at Microsoft. "We just lease the servers/they keep updating and not telling us/it's their job to maintain connectivity etc. etc."

The game, as it is right now, is unplayable. Signal isn't giving any answers or any timeframe for a resolution, maybe Microsoft can come up with something a bit better. Even something like "There are issues with the Ascend servers, we know it, we're working on it, it'll be resolved soon/maybe/not at all". Some sort of acknowledgement. I like the game, it's different. A bit buggy, but yeah, it just came out of beta. I want to play it, which is why I've put money into it. Can someone give all of us who are stranded something like an answer?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

I had a few issues with disconection to the servers a few times. But have not attempted buying anything on it. Is it always right after you purchase something that you hit the server failures??

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, I haven't purchased anything today, just yesterday and the day before.

Just tried logging on again, disconnect between eight and nine minutes. I can't find a regional pattern to the disconnects from the (obviously) limited posts at the Signal forums. Although one guy in Texas says he's not having a problem. ;)

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you try posting on their forums with your issue? I would think they would be able to help more since they created the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was diconected 3 times today and quit playing for the day.

Sorry this didn't help.

Im having the same issues. Started playing 3-4 days ago. Last two days of playing I get dc'd every 3-4 mins. All my other ok line games play fine on my xbox and pc with no disconnect issues at all so I know its not my internet.  This only happens when playing Ascend.

Sorry this didn't help.

@cab0218 If you'd bothered to have read my post, you would have seen I've spent quite a bit of time over at the Signal Studios Forums.

Signal posted today that hopefully the disconnect issue has been cleared up. I've been playing for a couple of hours now without a disconnect, so yay! Still, some sort of acknowledgement from Xbox would have gone a long way from the devs just shrugging and pointing their fingers.

Would have been nice to know that it was still in Beta from the XBox Marketplace and/or  the game itself before I started playing and spending money on it. Ah well. I didn't know it was still in Beta until I went to the Signal Studios site.

Sorry this didn't help.

Keep in mind the game is a beta so there are going to be issues be patient with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, NJDevils rock13, as I said in my previous post, I would have liked to have known it was a beta beforehand. Ah well. Live and learn. It's still a great game. Once they finish getting all the features re-implemented it should rock!

Providing, of course, the communication issues between Signal and Microsoft can get sorted out.

Sorry this didn't help.