As We Know It?

The more I read at the official Battlefield Blog, the more I wonder.   Are we going to be able to call this new version a Battlefield game as we know it now?  I understand change has to come or the series dies.

I know that they are shooting for a COD killer.   I hope we do not get a cod clone in game play.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="StrikeSudden"]

The more I read at the official Battlefield Blog, the more I wonder.   Are we going to be able to call this new version a Battlefield game as we know it now?

[/quote]

BF3 is 10x more of a Battlefield game than BC2, so I think the proper question is "Can we call BC2 a Battlefield game?"

As long as it's similar to Battlefield 2 (not BC2), I will have no trouble calling it a Battlefield game. Hopefully I will get the thousands of hours I got out of BF2 from BF3.

I like to ask your past Battlefield background/experience.

Did you know that the Bad Company series are just a shoot-off from the main Battlefield series?

Did you know that Battlefield 3 is a return to Battlefield 2 with some flair of Battlefield: Bad Company 2? So some of the "changes" that you may think of are not really changes.

Did you know that since since CoD: Mw2 and CoD: Black Ops, people that mainly play CoD are talking how Battlefield 3 will be better than Cod: MW3? Because of that, they bring their knowledge of Battlefield games (or lack thereof) to the game. They rant how everybody is cheating, there are lag switches and hacks all around when there is none.

I worry for the future Battlefield community here

[quote user="StrikeSudden"]

The more I read at the official Battlefield Blog, the more I wonder.   Are we going to be able to call this new version a Battlefield game as we know it now?  I understand change has to come or the series dies.

I know that they are shooting for a COD killer.   I hope we do not get a cod clone in game play.

[/quote]

BF3 is not changing, its going back to its roots. Think of it as a updated version of one of the best ever FPS = Battlefield 2. (A remake almost if you like).

Bad Company 1 & 2 was made to bring BF to consoles to build a fan base on Xbox & PS3. And to give the BF2 fan base something new to play until BF3 was ready for release .Yeah some of the idea's in Bad Company have been added to BF3 Like Rush & Death-match.

However it will not become a COD clone, and in a way I kinda hope its not a COD killer, yeah it would be cool to see MW3 flop as a result of BF3 but I really don't what COD players switching over and  trash talking & lone wolfing it all over lobbys. 

(Don't mean to offend any COD players, but you guys know what some people who play COD are like).  

The might as well name this game bad company 3.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

The might as well name this game bad company 3.

[/quote]

Might I ask why?

If bf3 plays anything like cod, hell will freeze over.

I really hope it feels like im playing bf2 again...

[quote user="Sambbraz"]

They might as well name this game bad company 3.

[/quote]

Might I ask why?

[/quote]I never played BF2 but I have seen gameplay and this game as far as what I seen in the trailer has more Bad Company elements. I know that BF2 had big maps, more veichles, players, squad functionality, etc. and they added these things back but it feels like a Bad Company 3 to me.
Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="Sambbraz"]

They might as well name this game bad company 3.

[/quote]

Might I ask why?

[/quote]I never played BF2 but I have seen gameplay and this game as far as what I seen in the trailer has more Bad Company elements. I know that BF2 had big maps, more veichles, players, squad functionality, etc. and they added these things back but it feels like a Bad Company 3 to me.

[/quote]

You should start hoping that it is more like BF2 than BC2.

I'm not sure about you, but if BF3 is as fun as BF2, then I won't have to buy another FPS for a few years, saving some money right there...