Army of Two

Hi,

Today I have been very disappointed with Microsoft.

I bought a game to play online with a friend of mine, I downloaded it directly from Xbox live. The game is Army of Two. In the description of this game it says Co-op: Online, Multiplayer: Online. It also says in the description "Some multi-player functionalities may no longer be supported". Firstly I would like to distinguish between the two. Multiplayer and Co-op are two totally separate things. One being the option to play against an online player, the other being the option to play with another online player. So now we have that cleared up I'll get to my point.

EA have shut the servers down for Co-op play on Army of two, Microsoft still advertise it as Co-op online. This is false advertising. After speaking to an ambassador for Microsoft I was told that the text in the description can't be changed. Like this was my fault or indeed my problem. I was also told that in the description it says "No refunds" at which point I thought it only fair to point out that it also says Co-op:online. You can't rely on something written in the description one minute and then refute it the next!

So, in closing I would like to point out my statutory rights. 

If you have bought something on the basis of the seller’s description or a sample, you should expect the item to conform exactly to that description or sample. If it does not, you have the right to reject the goods, demand a full refund and possibly claim damages. This is still the case even where you have selected or examined the items for yourself before buying them.

I do not blame Microsoft for the closure of EA servers, I do however blame the seller (Microsoft) for not informing me of any change to this game before I purchased it. As such I demand a refund. I have been an Xbox gold member for a number of years and have never had cause to complain, but this is not only shameful behaviour towards Microsoft's customer base but also in complete contradiction to my statutory rights as a consumer.

I would like my money back please.

Kind regards

BR

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

BizzardRide,

"Some multi-player functionalities may no longer be supported".

Multi-player= More than ONE player online or local

that statement above is Microsoft's way of letting your know that you may or may not be able to play with more than one player.

On August 11, 2011 the Army of Two online servers were shut down by EA due to lack of players.

"no refunds"

Simply means no refunds, you should always read the ENTIRE description and make sure you know 100% what your are purchasing before you buy it. If you were to go into a local game store and purchase the game the back of the box would still describe online: Multiplayer and Coop available.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your answer.

I absolutely agree, It would say that on the box and I would return it to the shop and receive a full refund as my statutory rights explain.

I did read the entire description and no where in that description does it say Co-op may not be available.

It says no refunds, indeed, and if the game had in the description that Co-op may not be available I wouldn't be asking for a refund. You can not sell something with a description and simply state no refund even if the product doesn't adhere to the description. No refunds would mean, assuming that the game is as described, then no refunds are available, not, No refunds under any circumstances. I am not requesting a refund due to a dislike for the game or for any other reason other than the game is not as described. This is my legal right.

I wish to ask you a question. If a game states Multiplayer on the box, would you assume that it includes a co-op option? And vice versa if the box states co-op would you assume a multiplayer is available? I maintain that Multiplayer and Co-op are two totally separate game modes and I'm pretty sure anyone that knows about computer games (yourself included) would know that there is a difference between the two. As such simply stating "Some multiplayer functions may no longer be available" does not cover Co-op modes.

Many thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

It would seem that Microsoft agree with me and have given me a full refund. Well done Microsoft. Case closed.

Thanks for your reply anyway Elus1ve Yeti.

Sorry this didn't help.