Army of Two - No LIVE connection - Multiplayer DLC

I just picked up a copy of the original Army of Two so I could play it with a friend in another state. We couldn't connect via XBL in co-op nor multiplayer. I read the online service was discontinued (server turned off). Why is it the Multiplayer DLC is still actively being sold in the marketplace for 600MSP?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Unfortunately Army of Two multiplayer is no longer available since the servers has been shutted down by EA.

If you guys bought the mutliplayer DLC after that and didn't see any notice about this in the description, you should phone to MS support, maybe you have the rights for a refund.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Fortunately the DLC was not purchased. In addition to your reply, here's the direct link to the DLC in the Marketplace. It isn't noted in the description that online co-op and online multiplayer are no longer available.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/SSC-Challenge-Map-Pack/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-0003454107f8

Sorry this didn't help.

This finally bugged me enough to contact EA support via Twitter. A summary of that conversation is all online support has been stopped for Army of Two. You can buy the map pack and system link SHOULD still be an option to use it. Sorry, but I think the DLC needs to be removed since it is no longer fully usable for competitive online game play for which it was originally designed. Or at least make it free.

Sorry this didn't help.