armor? and more questions

Is there armor in AC3? 

Is the general store the only merchant?

Im only on sequence 2 and it seems tough. No money enuff to buy better weapons.

treasure chests are they just small amounts of money like AC2 are they worth it do you find any early on in Boston?. Do you syncronize viewpoints to reveal them or is there a map?

Are almanac pages worth chasing after?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

hmm edit button disapears after you leave page or somethin cant edit so.

I ask when do the liberation missions icon show up? I am only through the surgon mission on sequence 2. Do they appear on sequence 3? sigh i liked AC 2 better it was more straightforward and simpler AC3 is just not starting out as fun i miss doctors 4 1 thing. There is more to learn thats 4 sure.

Wow, that's a bunch of questions.  I will answer them, but I must warn you that there will be minor SPOILERS ahead.  Continue reading at your on discretion.

1) Is there armor in AC3?  No, there is not.  You'll eventually unlock different costumes, but they are purely cosmetic.

2) Is the general store the only merchant?  Yes.  There are three general stores in each map (Boston, NY and the frontier).  You'll have to find them for them for them to appear as icons on your map.  In the cities, I believe there is one general store in every district.  Also, there are traveling merchants that roam the streets, but you can only buy consumable items from them as well as sell them stuff for money.  Lastly, you can craft some weapons and pouch upgrades from the accounting book in your Davenport homestead house (at the beginning of sequence 3, I think).  This book will also be available in the general stores after you unlock it at your villa.

3) Are treasure chests worth it to find early on in Boston?  No.  You are better off not collecting anything until you play as Connor.  When you start playing with him, then, yes, it is worth it to collect the money and items in the treasure chests as early as you can.

4) Do you synchronize viewpoints to reveal them or is there a map?  Yes, you do synchronize viewpoints to reveal the others.  The maps you can purchase at the general store only show you treasure chests, feather, almanac pages and trinket locations.

5) Are almanac pages worth chasing after?  It depends.  DO NOT get any of the almanac pages when playing as Haytham Kenway.  There is a glitch (that was supposedly patched) that may happen if you collect the pages as Haytham.  If you want to collect the pages, wait until you play as Connor.  The only reason to collect the almanac pages is to unlock Ben Franklin's inventions that you must then craft when the accounting book is available in your villa.  These inventions are simply for appearance as they sit in your villa and do nothing.  Also, you unlock a small excerpt about the almanac at your villa that you can read at your leisure.  There are two achievements related to the almanac collecting, so if you are going for the achievements, then yes, you have to collect them all.  If not, I would skip them.

6) When do the liberation missions show up?  When you play as adult Connor.  You will have to find the forts under control of the British.  There are three in each map (Boston, NY, and the frontier)

7) Do they appear on sequence 3?  I'm not sure the sequence number, but when you play as "adult" Connor, you will able to liberate forts.  It's either sequence 3 or 4, I think.

8) I liked AC2 better.  Me, too.  But AC3 has some good things going for it in it's own right... it just doesn't seem like a proper AC game in general.

9) I miss doctors for one thing.  It seems that you are having trouble blocking and/or counter fighting.  When in open combat, press and HOLD the "B" button when you see a red triangle (with a white exclamation point in it) above your enemies' head.  As they attack you, time will slow down.  This is your cue to quickly hit the "X" button and insta-kill them with your counter attack.  You can keep pressing "X" to chain together multiple one-hit-kills.  This will not work for some of the bigger enemies.  If big guys block your counter-attack, simply hit "A" instead of "X" when you counter them and then attack them normally with "X" while they are off balance.  If you see that there are yellow triangles (with a white exclamation point) appearing over enemies' heads in the distance, then quickly grab the closest enemy with the "A" button to use them as a human shield.

If you master the counter-attack move, it will be extremely difficult for you to lose health in an open conflict.  The only times when I would get hit is if I was chaining counter kills and some guy blindsides when I wasn't paying attention.  Either that or you hit the wrong counter button when fighting the big guys.

Good luck and let me know if this helps you out.

-M  

Aye this certainly does help thanks for the xbox live forums guide. Some other new players may find this as a help also. I add i got a little late warning thats my bad on collecting 2 pages as Haytham. So they only craft cosmetic things well then no more chasing after pages ive already wasted time on that. I heard waiting till you recruit to go after the chests as a key is givin to auto open them. Im just starting seq 3 long run to the mission. Concidering the french cutlass as 1st weapon upgrade from normal sword as the chart shows its balanced. Or do i use the starter sword untill adult connor?

2) Villa you say is this what gets built up like AC2 villa? BC i heard of town building. Looks like i will find out.

3) You can only sell animal pelts right? and you do it with bow or hidden blade only i heard.

4) Main missions dont reward money at least not as Heytham.

You can hunt with any weapon, but some do more damage to the pelts.

You totally develop your own homestead later on.