Arkham City was a disappointment

I just sold it to Gamestop yesterday for $38 credit to put torwards MW3. When I first started playing it it seemed like it was gonna be amazing but after awhile I realized how small the map actually was and how awful the gliding was. The combat got old pretty fast too. It was just spam the X button and occasionally press A + A to jump over someone. The story was a mess too. They just included every villain for the sake of it. Two Face really served no purpose at all. Banes mission was over in a blink of an eye. The boss battles were repetitive aswell. Solomon Grundy, Ra's al Ghul and Clayface were all literially the same fight. Definately the biggest let down of the year for me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

First Battlefield then Batman? Ok then... Well to each his own...

^ I like Battlefield. I judged it too early before because I hated the beta. But I finished everything in Batman except some riddler challenges so I can make a fair judgement of it.

Really? :O

Sorry to hear that, I had a lot of fun with it. One of the better games I've played in a while personally.

I honestly think you are in the minority here. The game has been getting fantastic acclaim from critics, everyone who I have talked to said its great and the first one was nothing short of top-knotch gaming. I've been wanting to get this title all year but yeah I guess each to his own.

To each their own!!

however, I didn't find the story a mess at all, i was never confused about what was going on at any moment and i loved seeing all the different villains they added into the game.

Wow really? Because everyone i ask they say the game is epic!

arkham city is a good rental cuz after the campaign theres nothing to do just like arkham asylum

Wait, you're complaining about the size of the map being too small in a Sandbox game, but you traded it in on a corridor Shooter?

Don't you think that you are going to feel really claustrophobic with MW3 if Arkham city was too small?

It's weird in a way because I was expecting to love Arkham City but also found myself feeling a little off-put.

-

The map is a decent size but in a way that also works against it. There are now a lot more things you are able to grapple onto, which means you can find yourself accidentally zooming off in a direction that you did not intend. To be honest the only time I enjoyed getting around the City was when I was under a time limit on the Phone Booth Killer case.

-

Also in Arkham Asylum they gave you a little freedom but also kept the story moving forward so you didn't have time to start noticing the repetitive nature of what you were doing. However in Arkham City thoughts of "hmm, this again" kept creeping in.

-

Perhaps it is just me but focus seems to have shifted from stealth to straight up fights. There are now a distinct lack of places to preform the Inverted Takedown for example.

-

I like the improved gadgets but there are almost too many of them too use smoothly and I kept accidentally putting down explosive gel during combat.

-

While the Riddler trophies can be devilishly fun to get, the sheer number of them puts me to mind of the flags in Assassin's Creed. I could see hunting them all down to become a chore rather than a fun distraction once the game has finished.

-

It is weird that while I think City is the better game, I think I'd rather be playing Asylum.

I really want this game!! I don't know if i should get it now :/