Arkham City, or Asylum?

Which one did you guys enjoy the most?

I personally have had a lot more fun with Arkham City but both are great games!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I loved Arkham Asylum to death, but Arkham City was on another level in my opinion.

I never played Arkham Asylum,but i am definitely loving Arkham City. I'll probally get back to the game once i beat Dead Island.  

AC has literally everything that AA had, plus a ton more added on top of that.  AA was a great game when it came out, and it still is in its own right. But it has been surpassed by it's successor.

To me I'd rather play Arkham Asylum.

-

Arkham City's open nature that should work for it, instead works against it.

-

The first game offered a little freedom of exploration but kept the story pushing forward enough that the player never became aware of the repetitive nature of the gameplay.

-

However there are so many distractions and collectables in Arkham City that thoughts of "not this again" started to creep in before I was even halfway through.

I think thats what I enjoy the most about AC as how much exploration there is to do!

The riddler trophies are insane in AC though holy crap they went a lil crazy with them this time around o.O

I really enjoyed Asylum, and I'm loving City, but I'll agree that the exploration features in City did perhaps go a bit overboard. You can't take more than a few steps before something happens that draws you away from the main story (ie. Riddler Trophies, phones ringing/racing to a phone on the other end of the city, gangs with Riddler informants, etc).

I still think I'm liking City more than Asylum, but I'm not looking forward to tracking down the hundreds of collectables.  lol

Another strike against Arkham City for me was that because there were so many rooftops and things to grapple to, it often lead to shooting off in quite the wrong direction.

-

Also a shame for me was the lack of stealth options, especially noticeable in-doors, there was a distinct lack of things to sit and hide on to perform my favourite Inverted Takedown.

-

I felt that the emphasis on using the gadgets had changed from stealthily taking down the bad-guys to more straight up fight situations.

-

Very odd for me really as I love the open world nature of Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, where I can spend an age just web-swinging around, whereas getting around Arkham City feels like a bit of chore. The only time I can say I found it exciting is when I was under the time limits set by the Phone Booth Killer.

At first there was something about AC that I didn't like. Was playing on the hard difficulty but still finding something missing. Now I've started New Game+ I know what it was. It was those annoying lightining bolts saying 'counter now'. In AA on hard mode they weren't there, which made the game so much better for me. But they are there in hard mode on AC.

Glad they got rid of them for New Game+, I'm enjoying it alot more now.

Ive only ever played Arkham City, but its a lot of fun :)

Both are great games , AC is the best but i love more AA.