Arkham city on hard

I must be doing something wrong because my combo's rot and I keep getting hit in the back although I'm countering when it tells me to. I'm getting bum rushed by 13 thugs, and while the Bat is in his animation He keeps getting hit from behind. I've been stuck in the subway for 3 big days due to this annoying situation. It's right after the Ras al Ghul part!!! 360ites...where am I going wrong!!!???

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

have you played through once first on normal?

hard mode will be a lot easier with all your gadgets

damn, I didn't even think of that.  I just went straight to hard.

thats the idea of new game+,once on normal then to new game+hard mode, for the achievement.

I beat that part. You just have to do a lot of counter moves until you can get a little breathing room to do a combo or two. The only thing difficult about Hard is the combat from the part you're at and on. With all the different combination of thugs you really have to plan your attacks and do a lot of counter moves. It gets tedious having to remember and use several different strategies against a large mixed group of goons. Also make sure you upgrade Batmans ballistic and combat armor first and foremost.

You are absolutely right...A counter or two, some breathing room,and I got through it. You have to make a plan. Thanx!

Congrats! Glad I could help.

Hard had some tough points for me. Mostly the boss fights would take me forever. I think I tried the Ivy fight with Catwoman for 2 hours straight before I got it, haha.

Me too. 2 hours also sounds about right for me as well. Sometimes there are so many of them to fight at one time I'll start out doing great, but then I start getting anxious and impatient, then end up getting myself in trouble and eventually get myself killed. The combat can be frustrating at times, but it's still so cool and fun to do.

Try doing the 8x hit combo and if you have unlocked do the one hit kill combo by pressing a+x I think and the thugs can't stop you once you start that move.

Arkham is awesome, but I think that the bat gets cheap shotted, for instance, the joker battle is making me nuts. I have a great 20 combo going then blindsided...you guys get through the joker battle yet,and if you did, how...this is all on the hard setting.