Aren't games on demand products suppossed to be cheaper than the physical copy ones that are store bought?

I was looking at the games on demand section recently and I noticed that Fallout 3 was priced at $29.99 for the non game of the year edition. Then I went to look at Best Buy and they had Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition for the same price  (which includes all the DLC for the game) and the regular Fallout 3 NON-USED for only $19.99. I thought that downloadable games were supposed to be cheaper because there is no production costs for the disk and the packaging? Or is this just some kind of set price that will never change? If this is supposed to convince me to buy from the games on demand section, it's certainly not very appealing. I would suggest changing some of the prices around to compete with retailers.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

not really

The price you see hasn't been entirely set by Microsoft, the publisher has a big say on how much their game goes for on Games On Demand.  I agree though that they are not particular competitive, but it's your choice whether you buy them or not.

the prices are a joke on demand,i would never buy them. once completed you can sell a disc on or trade it in and get most of your money back what can you do with one downloaded on your hard drive?

I agree, they are too expensive, plus you can't sell them later on.

I'll only think about buying Games on Demand when the prices are competitive or lower than other retailers.

"supposed to be" is the key word.  they don't "have to be". digital downloads aren't just cheaper because there are no manuals .. that's what people expect though.

The funny is that some  gamers still support the idea of all games to be DD only. When that happens i can see sites that sell cheap DL games before ...rising the prices.

[quote user="Bad Instincts"]

The funny is that some  gamers still support the idea of all games to be DD only. When that happens i can see sites that sell cheap DL games before ...rising the prices.

[/quote]

The day games go DD only will be the day I stop buying games.

the on demand games are banking on getting your $ through convenience, even if they are pretty weakly priced.

"Supposed to be"?  You mean they "should be", considering there's no manual (not that big of a deal really) or nothing to sell when you're done with it. 

I say the same OG.