Are you only buying this game out of habit?

Are you...? How many of you actually really, genuinely, WANT this game? Honestly...? I really think like 75% of people who buy this game do so because they feel they have to like it's an obligation rather that truly being excited for it...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I love the MW games. IMO if they stopped churning out the manure that Treyarch produce every other year then people wouldn't be so sick of the franchise. A 2 year cycle is much more tolerable (maybe just more map packs?) and let's get real - MW are the only COD games anyone really cares about. I still remember how epic the MW2 release day was, me and some friends driving to every supermarket we could find only to find it was out of stock and seeing hundreds of other people do the same. It's a very "universal" thing that brings everyone together, kind of like a Harry Potter release or erm...the World Cup??

"You are so dumb, you are really dumb- for real"

This is pretty ridiculous, you really think that high percentage of people are indifferent to the game and are willing waste $60 + Elite & maps on a whim? I guess a few million people don't really want the game but are obligated to purchase the game and continue to play it online out of habit, yeah...ok.

I have no doubt some people buy it because it's popular and just cuz their friends do, but to say the majority aren't excited for it is stupid.

See you on MW3!

peer pressure from friends.

dual is right..i couldnt give a toss if they stopped making cod as the last 2 have been dreadful..i only buy it because its ok for a few weeks online and what other game is there..i only play games online for a few weeks til i get bored of them and 98% of them are rubbish..it seems like a tradition to buy it now..im not excited not for another game thats too similar to mw2..thats just a snooze fest but kids love it and thats where iw cod is aimed at now...much bigger market for them..especially with christmas coming up.

Im buying it  cuz call of duty is alot of fun when you play with friends.

yeah i suppose its better when you have a clan but..are you allowed to talk on the team match modes now..which is totally ridiculous if you cant..but im a free for all player and very competitive so it just doesnt work for me anymore...i never did like team matches but thats just me.

I'm buying it because I love Call of Duty.

I have tons of $$$.  It allows me to be a creature of habit.

[quote user="ROCK A LITTL3"]

"You are so dumb, you are really dumb- for real"

This is pretty ridiculous, you really think that high percentage of people are indifferent to the game and are willing waste $60 + Elite & maps on a whim? I guess a few million people don't really want the game but are obligated to purchase the game and continue to play it online out of habit, yeah...ok.

I have no doubt some people buy it because it's popular and just cuz their friends do, but to say the majority aren't excited for it is stupid.

[/quote]

I really do believe that...this game is horrendous, it's got used copies ALL OVER Gamestop, eBay and CraigsList not even a week after release...I mean what else could it be? People buy it because it's Call of Duty. That's really all it is...They don't even really want it, they just buy it because it's big. It's kind of crazy...