Are you one of these people....

that get host a lot? Well I've started playing with a guy from France (I'm in the UK) and in a three hour session I didn't get host once. I was running a 3-4 bar so it wasn't too bad in that aspect either. Last night was probably the most games i played ever in MW3 without backing out. So if you usually have the infamous host-disadvantage problem, try playing with someone far away enough so they get host locally but not to far so you're on a 1 bar.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hosting is bad in CoD now, it means you lag more.

I never host well almost

The last update has made it worse for me. Good for one and bad for another is what the updates do I guess.

Almost never. Host is very very bad.

Everyday.

What indicates that you are the host?

Usually when you start a game the only person with a 4 bar is the host, but I've been in games where everyone was 2 or 3 barred so Im not 100% sure how to check for host in this game.

The only way I can tell 90% of the time is when you connect it says "GAMERTAG connected" at the bottom left of the screen. You have to be quick though or you'll miss it. The other way I can tell is when I start out 2/7 and quit :)

also if your in game chat the person who can hear everyone talk but lag at the same time is the host, so that is usually me, i never tell my friends cause i enjoy their random glitching lag gameplay haha

Until host selection then it gets changed.

I remeber the day when if you paid to have good internet you would have less lag and being host meant you had a slight leg up on every1 else in teh room. Now in MW3 if you pay good money for better internet you are punished with extreme lag and instadeaths at every turn.

-

There is one way to avoid this and IW has claimed its teh reason why lag comp is so bad (ya right), turning down your internet speeds via your router. Many have tried and many have had huge gains in the way of smoother play and much less lag using that method.