ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS!!!??? Seath the scaleless

Seriously........how do you beat this guy!?

I can't even get any where NEAR him as the area dodsnt go that far, so I tried spells, but they seem to not reach him either. And on top of that, he uses this friggin crystal blast that hits the ENTIRE area and I tried all types of things to not get hit, rolling, blocking, magic shield, turning invisible, nothing works. 

This boss is friggin impossible! How could anyone stand to beat this thing!? I can't even find help for this boss. I layed down my sign for hours, NO ONE!

I've died SOOOO many times trying to beat him, I can't seem to do one single damage to this dude. Is there some type of environmental strategy I have to use, like shoot down some crystals on the ceiling or something because I don't see anything like that. This boss is sooo damn stupid. And everytime I die, I go BACK to that damn prison.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Use another bonfire. It is before you walk outside to walk on the invisible paths.

Invisible paths??? What are you talking about??? Im in dukes archives. I haven't seen any invisible paths.

So you haven't been to the Crystal Caves yet?  The FIRST time you face Seath you WILL die.  It is required.  Then you get sent to a bonfire in the prison.  You must go through the prison and through the Archives.  Then there is a bonfire on a balcony near the exit for the archives which leads into a forest area with lots of Crystal Golems.

This leads to the Crystal Caves, where you WILL want to rage quit for a while with the invisible walkways.  Make it through there, and you fight Seath a second time.  Equip FAST armor (you won't be blocking or need heavy armor) that has good curse resistance and also equip the cursebite ring.  Dual wield your weapon and go to town dude.

Also more tips for Seath.  Stay in front of him, just to the side of his belly.  Stay away from the tails.  Hit the belly or where the tails meet the body.  When he starts to roar and his belly "glows", run away fast as he'll do this crystal attack thing which curses you (won't be a problem if you have resistance).  Rinse and repeat.

"Invisible paths??? What are you talking about??? Im in dukes archives. I haven't seen any invisible paths."

Then you aren't anywhere near the boss fight. You die the first time you see him then you are sent into the prison. The next time you fight him, you'll see the invisible paths with snowflakes falling showing you the way.

once you do get to the boss try using pyromancy and havel's armor (if you found it) :o

Wait, wait a minute, so you telling me, that im not SUPPOSED to fight that dude in the archives but in the crystal caves!? This game is on some BS stuff.  I just now found BIG HAT after I freed him. I had no idea where that dude went after I opened the cage. but I found him and he also told me the same thing, go to the dang ol caves. WOW. I wish I would have known that friggin HOURS AGO!!! I wish I would have known that I would be fighting an INVISIBLE BOSS BATTLE!!!

Yeah man well I kinda put 2 and 2 together when he killed me and I was sent someplace I had never been before. It's a scripted encounter where you're supposed to die. If you found Big Hat again, you're on the right path.

Don't forget to cut it's tail off (the one directly behind it) the second time fighting Seath :P. It's probably the most annoying tail to cut off. Especially since you have to hit it at the tip and it usually goes into the wall out of reach and takes alot of running to even get around to it.

There is also a blue slab in the crystal caves which isn't fun getting to without prism stones (lady undead lady that sells the moss sells prism stones pretty cheaply) since the invisible path to get to it isn't a straight walk to where it is so messages won't guide you very well. You only get one of each slab type per playthrough so it is worth picking it up if you want to upgrade a magic weapon to +10.

Yea, I got the blue slab. But man, I've died 8 times fighting that stupid boss. He just keeps cursing me. This boss is racist. lol