Are you DOOMing it up? (DOOM I + II matchmaking service)

Hi folks, I'm looking to pick up DOOM I or II from the marketplace tomorrow and I was wondering how active the matchmaking is for LIVE matches? I imagine that they might not be very active seeing as to how long ago the games were put on the market so I'm a little skeptical. I'm mostly interested in the online play so any information is super appreciated. :)

Also, how are the controls on the gamepad?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1

It's 20 dollars on Amazon. ^_^

Thank you, noboundz and YellowJacket LE for answering my questions and also thanks Yellow for the tip off. :)

Noboundz pretty much summed it up as I have both of these and the online is a ghost town BUT for the classic feel of the singleplayer alone I would def suggest still getting them.The controls feel exactly the same as previous console Doom releases and still the same eerie feeling.I would suggest buying the Doom 3 BFG edition where you get not only Doom 3 and all the dlc's plus extra's but they throw in Doom 1 and 2 as well.You can probably find that for $20 or cheaper.

The matchmaking for Doom 2 was nonexistent when I played it earlier this year. I can't speak for the first Doom, but likely much of the same.