Are you buying the next Halo?

Yes, no, maybe, rent, and why?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, I want to see something first before I even make a decision like that.

Maybe.  I'll have to wait and see before I make a definite decision.

So then there are chances you might not get it then. You don't just 'buy Halo because it's Halo'. I probably won't, I'm just not interested in the series anymore.

I'll get it for the campaign like I have all other Halo's. Call me old school, but I consider multiplayer a bonus. Sure, it's where I spend most of my time on Halo, but there's an invisible chain linking me with the fictional lore of Halo which is why I love the franchise. I love the story. I loved Halo 4's story as well (and thought the Spartan Ops story was awesome), so I'm pretty sure I'll be buying the next installment.

There is nothing wrong with he series too me, really. There has just been so many that they all just feel average to me now.

I think Halo has always had strong single and multiplayer. The multiplayer doesn't play like much else, Halo feels like Halo. The single player is great because the various enemies all fight differently. Grunts aren't as susceptible to spraying, elites roll around and try to fight you one on one, jackals require extreme precision, brutes in previous Halos usually charged you, and lets not forget hunters and how they make you turn into the energizer bunny.

I'll be getting it.  I love the campaigns and I still enjoy the multiplayer..  Heck if MS doesn't pull off an amazing debut of their next console it'll be when I purchase the nextbox.

To early to tell, although if I had to answer the question now, I would say no.

I don't want to buy the next Xbox console just to play a single game.  While I enjoy Halo, I'm not going to buy a console to get the same experience I already have from previous Halo games.  If it's just the same stuff with better graphics, then I'm not interested at all. I find most FPS games are too boring and generic now, and Halo 4 didn't set itself apart from that.  Halo 4 is a decent FPS, but it does nothing innovative or new, its the same as everything else on the market currently.

The only reason I bought Halo 4 was for the story.  Story is the only reason I would consider buying Halo 5, because I doubt the quality of multiplayer will ever peak above Halo 3 again.

I do not know if I will; I  will probably have to see what comes of this ones management by 343 and what the next one looks like. as in game play and turn around time in building the game.  

If they show signs of understanding what they did wrong and going back to what made Halo great; IE: Traditional Arena-Shooter gameplay and balance, along with a more sensible, classic campaign (not fugging QTEs), I might consider it.

-

But I feel like they're going to turn Halo 5 into even more of a CoD copycat than Halo 4 is.

[quote user="the1337gamer"]

To early to tell, although if I had to answer the question now, I would say no.

I don't want to buy the next Xbox console just to play a single game.  While I enjoy Halo, I'm not going to buy a console to get the same experience I already have from previous Halo games.  If it's just the same stuff with better graphics, then I'm not interested at all. I find most FPS games are too boring and generic now, and Halo 4 didn't set itself apart from that.  Halo 4 is a decent FPS, but it does nothing innovative or new, its the same as everything else on the market currently.

The only reason I bought Halo 4 was for the story.  Story is the only reason I would consider buying Halo 5, because I doubt the quality of multiplayer will ever peak above Halo 3 again.

[/quote]

My feelings fall along with Noble 29's and this ^

I'll probably get it for the story and considering some of the things that happened in this Halo... I'll be keeping an eye on certain things in that aspect before I make a final decision.

"I find most FPS games are too boring and generic now, and Halo 4 didn't set itself apart from that.  Halo 4 is a decent FPS, but it does nothing innovative or new, its the same as everything else on the market currently."

I really couldn't have said it better than this, for myself. This is the first Halo that I got tired of quickly enough that I didn't bother getting the 2nd map pack. They're small maps anyway... 99% of the time I play BTS, where there are no objective game types and they've done nothing with it.