Are you all big fans of CTF -- it is the only mode that I am iffy on.

I had a pretty bad experience playing the capture the flag mode in Titanfall. I felt like I died as soon as I got into the game. It seemed glitch... any suggestions. Is it that I am only level 15 and that I haven't learned the maps as well? or could it have been a connection issue.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Map knowledge in this game is key and I don't play capture the flag but I would assume in that mode map knowledge is an absolute requirement so that's probably your answer. Could be bad connection to though because of people on the wrong servers and causing lag

Very team oriented gametype....if you are going in alone it can be very over whelming......and like HeadHunter said....map knowledge is huge! We all are experiencing a learning curve this early in the release

Played all the modes now and I actually had the most fun in Last Titan Standing. CTF definitely seems to be the most competitive though.

I just play attrition i don't enjoy objective modes it feels like people use them for stat padding while others are legitimately trying to play the objective.

^^You must be new to FPS games?

I love CTF.  It gets so intense.

CTF has probably been my favorite mode so far. The verticality of the maps and movement in Titanfall makes running flags across the map a lot of fun!

Like Uneasy alluded to - not playing the objective in FPS games is nothing new. However, just because someone isn't playing the objective doesn't mean that they aren't helping their team.

In my experience, people are much more focused on the objectives in Titanfall games than they ever were in COD games. In COD - most people that ignored the objective in CTF or Domination modes were just looking to pad their K/D with easy kills. I'm not seeing this in Titanfall. Maybe it has something to do with the lack of leaderboards.

Can you have a flag while in a Titan?

[quote] Can you have a flag while in a Titan? [/quote]

Yup. A lot of guys are using Stryders as flagcarriers because they have dash core.

You can also return and capture flags without having to leave the inside of your Titan. But there are only a couple flag locations where the Titan can actually get to the flag's resting area.