Are you able to use the money you have on your Microsoft Account to purchase Xbox Music Pass?

So I bought like $250 of Microsoft money and added it to my account and I'm down to like $108. When i go to purchase the Xbox Music Pass on the Xbox Music app it lists my Microsoft account as a payment option, but it's gray and can't be picked, (I'm trying to purchase the year membership.) Is it because I won't have enough due to taxes? (the year membership is $99.90). Or it's just not possible to purchase the Xbox music pass with the Microsoft account?

I would like to clarify that I am NOT trying to purchase music as in single songs from the music store, I am trying to purchase the Xbox Music Pass.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:
Answer

It is my understanding that subscriptions cannot be purchased with the Microsoft Account. This is because whatever billing method you choose must be a method that can bear a recurring charge, like a credit card or a PayPal account. Single purchase items, like games and individual songs only charge once, so your Microsoft Account should work fine for those.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

For anyone else interested in my question HyruleBalverine is correct, you can't purchase the Xbox Music Pass on your Xbox 360 console with Microsoft Currency, however, customer support informed me that you are able to do this on either a Windows 8 PC or an Xbox One console. I do not have an Xbox One console so I can't verify that but it did work on my Windows 8 PC. I can't recall if I needed a credit card on my account just so it can renew like it does with the Trial, I think it just added the subscription to my Microsoft Account and it'll renew that way. But it is possible to purchase it with Microsoft Currency. Thanks anyway, HyruleBalverine.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.