Are We Playing The Same Game?

Seriously are we playing the same game? I keep reading how bad the graphics are and I just don't get it. I must be playing a different game because I think the game looks fantastic. I've read a few post where some are claiming Bad Co 2 looks better and while I think Bad Co 2 looks good it's not in the same league as BF3 in my opinion. The lighting alone is flat out amazing not to mention the particle effects. I am more than happy with how the game looks and more importantly I'm happy with the gameplay.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

bad company guns look like ***. but on battlefield 3 the guns look good.  the game look  like any game on console  or better

Glad most comments are good,can;t wait for this on Friday now!

I play on an HDMI connected 50 Vizio....Although I think the graphics are only shade better than BC2, the close up textures are markedly improved...And I know all the stuff about it being a big map and all...but they are nowhere close to some of the best games on the 360....but again, it's the big map issue...

That being said, the game play for a day one release is fantastic...So many things to crawl up, over, and into...The soldier operation is very smooth, although some seem to have an issue with that as well...

The hit detection has been off a couple of times, but overall that is really nice also...

Of course, I can't connect to op metro..other maps are no problem.

I popped in BC2 just to compare, but that game is not connecting...

[quote user="MISFITSWITCH"]

I have not even picked it up yet but want to get in on this post because it is positive. See you guys on later today.

[/quote]

Nice.

The graphics are hit and miss. Muddy textures, blurry graphics, grass not getting texture until you are right up to it, buildings looking like cardboard cut outs, vehicles not having any textures until you are right up on them.

I am going to reinstall the game when I get home, I did get an error the first time the texture pack started installing, maybe it didn't install properly.

the noobs complaining about the graphics are the people that didn't have space on their Xbox for the HD content probably, lol.  The game looks super awesome on my 46" Samsung 1080p.

[quote user="Dusty Arne"]

1. or all those guys complaining dont use a HDMI cable.

2. they just whine because they can

3. Their TV / monitor is form the 80ish

4. They forgot to install the HD texture pack (highly unlikely)

5. They are just stupid

-

Cus even the 480p youtube video's look better then BC2.  

[/quote]In before the Dbags run in and scream "Fanboy Elitist"..... they'll be here, they like to follow me around. As far as the game goes, I played about 5 hours right after release and thought the game looked great. It plays different from BFBC2, but it's a new game. Haven't even played it on my TV with the HDMI cable yet, but it still looks better than BFBC2.

We must be playing a different game! These graphics on the Multiplayer side are NOT better then BC2. The single player looks great, but what the hell did they do to the multiplayer?? Before you fanboy's start saying my equipment is poop, Panasonic THX certified 50 plasma, also have a Sony XBR2 40 LCD. All running through HDMI, and my Xbox is set up right.

I think the gameplay is great, but my eyes seem to be having to adjust all of the time to the changing quality of the visuals.

I have been playing Battlefield since it came out on the PC, and after BC2 I can say I am a little let down with the visuals.

[quote user="xTKAx PvtPUTZZZ"]

People need something to complain about.  There is minimal lag, if any, so they revert to graphics complaints.  Once they are done complaining about graphics, they complain about hit detection.  Then it's the controls.  Then it's the game modes.  Then it's the colors on the box.  Get my drift?

[/quote]I haven't even played it yet...and I'm already mad they put prone in....and sniper rifles geez why!?

-

naw...I don't have an issue with sniper rifles and I'm happy they reinstated prone....now I can take cover when there is no cover, or atleast make a smaller target of myself while capturing objectives

1. or all those guys complaining dont use a HDMI cable.

2. they just whine because they can

3. Their TV / monitor is form the 80ish

4. They forgot to install the HD texture pack (highly unlikely)

5. They are just stupid

-

Cus even the 480p youtube video's look better then BC2.