Are there tricks for being able to play the campaign?

So, I like others am not able to have my campaign progress saved. I have to restart every time I try to go back and play it, but I have seen others that have the achievements for playing through. Is there a way to do this? Is it hit or miss if you can save or not, or do you think someone just played through the whole thing in one sitting? Thanks in advance.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well, I will tell you what has worked for me and hopefully will work for you. I totally understand your frustration and lets see if I can help you

When you exit either MP or the Campaign, you will notice a blinking square icon in the lower right corner of the screen. This is updating your saved game data file. As long as this is blinking and on your screen, you should not exit your game. If you are on the Xbox 360, dont go HOME until it is at the main screen of the game and that little blinking box has disappeared. I have done this and have not had a problem on either my 360 or X1 games.Try it, see if this helps you.

I discovered this when I was playing BF3, and lost everything and had to start over

The update that was supposed to fix this issue didn't work for me. I mean what kind of game comes out littered with bugs and makes it virtually unable to complete....Besides GTA Online.

I played the whole thing through in one sitting during a Saturday I had free. I just took some breaks every now and then to eat and do other things. It wasn't the most ideal situation but it worked.

I'm not sure what happened between now and then but my campaign progress doesn't reset anymore. I've been able to replay missions for achievements. I guess it's just luck.

Hope your issues get resolved one way or another.

Dbole and Thanatos, it sounds like you guys are on to something. I have to imagine if Thanatos left the campaign on while eating or doing other things that the little blinking square completed it's process as Dbole said. Luckily, I only got through the first mission before finding out my save wasn't working, so most of my frustration comes from just wanting to play the campaign. I'll give this a try and report back. Thanks guys.

pick a day to play the SP, disconnect your xbox from the internet and play through, when you're connected, it erases the SP progress. My net was down for 3 days and it saved every time, when I got connected on day 4, it erased my progress. I'll never finish the SP.

good luck

Well, so far so good. I have been finishing campaign levels. I get through then next cut scene, wait until the save icon is done blinking, then quit to the menu. I let the icon quit blinking again, and I completely back out of the game. When I go back, my save is there. I hope it keeps working. Fingers crossed.

By the way, if you are playing on xbox one, consider doing an extended power cycle by holding the power button for about 8 seconds and rebooting, I had a similar issue and this resolved it.

I've started SP again, completed on Hard, done some cheevos and now when I go back it's all there.  Seems fixed for me.