Are there any games out there like Freelancer for the 360???

ive been looking around alittle bit here and there and i cant seem to find a single game like freelancer and any that were being made have been canceled which is horrible because myself personally i feel that was one of the best online space games to date but if anybody knows of any others preferably for 360 but pc works to and i know about EVE ONLINE nothing like freelancer i think but if anybody knows of any games or some news it would be appreciated

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

Darkstar One: Broken Alliance is similar to Freelancer, but it gets pretty repetitive & has a vanilla story. The space combat is fun though, Wing Commander/Freelancer knock-off. It's on both 360, or PC.

[quote user="thatdude21601"]

Darkstar One: Broken Alliance is similar to Freelancer, but it gets pretty repetitive & has a vanilla story. The space combat is fun though, Wing Commander/Freelancer knock-off. It's on both 360, or PC.

[/quote]

What he said.

You could also consider Project Sylpheed. It's a cross between After Burner and Wing Commander. It's not an on-rails shooter. It's more mission based. But you do have an enormous battlefield.

yeah i beat Project Sylpheed but im looking more for the online freelancer basis. . .

does anyone know if darkstar one works with a flight/combat joystick?

i wish man. freelancer was the best space rpg ever made, period. there is nothing like it anywhere. its kind of sad actually.

so do we have any news?

Hi mate. I know im sort of late with my reply, but i have just joined, and this topic was the first i searched for as a freelancer fan(Hardcore). Well, there IS a possible solution to our common problem. !: There are a lot a lot of fan made mods, some are huge, out there, to the original game. Almost making it into a sequel. And 2: There is another game series thats available that is similar to freelance, thoug its a bit more "complicated" but with open ended universe and story to it. Its called the X-Universe, and is made up of three pieces. Its the first and oldest,called x something, then its x 2 the threat, followed by x3-reunion ,not long ago it was made a x-3 the terran conflict, that was great, and last but not least is x3-the albion prelude.There is talk about a making of a x4, because this game has a enormouse fan mass that is following up this serie, making mods,fan sites and what not. I know its not Freelancer, but its a dam good substitut, excuse my spelling:)

And its a great game to hold on to wile we wait to microsft, digital anvil, or any of the other developers out there hear our crys for more of the Freelancer game. Its annoying that exactly this game is stopped over and over , wile other much less popular games, and with almost no fan group what so ever, gets one follow up after the other. And here we are, a huge hardcore fanbase, shouting as loud as we can, litterally for years, and nothing happens.

My advice to all is to not stopp the searching, commenting, and talking about how much we want a Freelancer 2.

Thank you for listening, and i hope this gives you some comfort in the autumn thats arrived, with long dark evenings and a lot of beautifull gametime on our hands. Dont give up.

on xbox the closest thing is darkstar one, its not good but not bad either... i had ffun with it for a while.

-

on PC i been playing something called starpoint gemini, its like an indie game its fun but it is buggy and got old.

-