Are the jets VTOL?

Do the jets have VTOL capability or do we have to use runways?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Considering there is a GIANT runway on Caspian Boder (someone did a comparison, and the runway itself is actually longer than the entire first Rush area on Operation Metro), I'm going to guess you'll need runway space. Same as in BF2.

Depends on what jets they are going to put in the game. I think with the Back to Karkand, they are going to include the original vehicles, guns, etc; so the F-35B will be back.

None of the jets in the official fact sheet given out at Gamescom have VTOL capabilities.   ( A-10, F/A-18E,SU-39,SU-35BM)

we have A-10II warthogs equipped with the GAu-8 avenger? sweeet.. now tanks have something to fear...

There where no jets or choppers in Strike at Karkand. Though if they are going to use the original vehicles from BF2, we will certainly see the F35 on Gulf of Oman. Personally though I could do without it. It was the worse jet in BF2. Handled like the space shuttle of final approuch :(

[quote user="xXGriMnEviLXx"]

There where no jets or choppers in Strike at Karkand. Though if they are going to use the original vehicles from BF2, we will certainly see the F35 on Gulf of Oman. Personally though I could do without it. It was the worse jet in BF2. Handled like the space shuttle of final approuch :(

[/quote]

That's why I said Back at Karkand, as in the DLC ;)

The F-35B was a so-so jet in BF2. Somewhat slow but in the right hands, it can go toe to toe with the MiG-29. But on Wake Island, it's litterally a flying coffin. The J-10 could fly circles around it mid air.

Sorry got confused there, which is not an unusual occurance :(. The J-10 was a flying saucer, I hope they balence the air power in BF3. Hopefully the jets will all be a little more matched. I would also like to see better ground to air this time around.

There should definitely be some much needed ground to air action this time. Not only are the AA vehicles getting a bigger focus, but Engineers get some nifty AA rockets, as well. Hopefully, the flak turrets got a bit of an upgrade, too.

Can't wait to attempt to fly a jet!!and most likely crash and burn!

[quote user="ReproductioN"]

[quote user="xXGriMnEviLXx"]

[/quote]

That's why I said Back at Karkand, as in the DLC ;)

The F-35B was a so-so jet in BF2. Somewhat slow but in the right hands, it can go toe to toe with the MiG-29. But on Wake Island, it's litterally a flying coffin. The J-10 could fly circles around it mid air.

[/quote]

The 1.5 patch supposedly evened it the match out, but the F35 imo now is better

[quote user="EYEB4LL95"]

Can't wait to attempt to fly a jet!!and most likely crash and burn!

[/quote]

Most people probabably will