Are modders running amok online?

I picked this game up yesterday and I have to say, I freaking love it.  It's like a cross between Fallout: New Vegas and a FPS like CoD.  I'm really interested in the MP aspect of this game, but I've been warned to stay away.  I'd like your guys' take on the matter.

Are modders really running rampant online?

If so, what kind of things should I be on the lookout for to alert me to their presence?

Can a modder affix any negative, permanent effect to my online experience (similar to being deranked in WaW)?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

They're common, but not so common that you wouldn't be able to find a game without them. If you think you're in a game with a modder, here are some ways to help spot them:

¤ If they have a level higher than 69

¤ If they have a ridiculously high capacity shield/high damage gun

I actually had a guy in my game once who had a shotgun that did like 217,000 x 7 damage per shot. Could it be anymore obvious? And the only way a modder can negatively impact your game is by using his uber godly weapons to own a boss you wanted to fight legitimately, or giving you modded items.

actually Level 69 is the max level you will not see any level 70s.

weapons and shields really don't go above 4,000 capacity or on average do more than 4,000  damage and it there is a multiplayer it's like, 400X12 or 15 at the most.

also weapons don't have double names like Shredder Shredder, you should never see a weapon with the Twisted Title even on a SMG, also any weapon that has max stats at level 69 even with a legit title it is known at a construct and in some one made it.

The best and most fun thing is to co-op with a friend or two.  There's a better chance of not having a modder in the group.

[quote user="CosmicStrike"]

actually Level 69 is the max level you will not see any level 70s.

weapons and shields really don't go above 4,000 capacity or on average do more than 4,000  damage and it there is a multiplayer it's like, 400X12 or 15 at the most.

also weapons don't have double names like Shredder Shredder, you should never see a weapon with the Twisted Title even on a SMG, also any weapon that has max stats at level 69 even with a legit title it is known at a construct and in some one made it.

[/quote]

I agree that Lvl 69 is max, but you do see quite a lot of people at level 70. These are most definately modders. If you host the game, you can just boot them out.  I just play with a few friends and m/p is great fun. As for spotting modded weapons, its all been said and is good advice.

Thanks for the advice guys.

there are no more level 70s the last patch fixed that.

got no problem awith the old modders they dont go dueling u like crazy and go scream how did u kill me.the new whiny ones that got the mods thats the one u watch out to.

Wasn't there something about a gernade or something that could happen to you?  I seem to remember something like that somebody could screw you over with it.. been awhile, last time I played was with someone I met online was a new player at like lvl 7 next day he was maxed out and was telling me he beat down crawmax easily, i doubted it and he went up there and did not ever take any damage and killed him and the adds so easily I figured he had to have hacked his game, did not play with this person anymore even worse he denied that he was using hacked stuff, like I'm going to believe that he could stand right in the open and never take any damage.

yes there is a modded shield and 3 weapons that are over powered, but if you wanna ruin your game as in take the fun out of it then use them, but it you want to play and have fun finding all the variations of weapons then don't use any shield over 4,000 capacity and weapons over 10,000 damage.

Sounds fun.