Are Microsoft giving away Microsoft Points?

Does anyone know if Microsoft are giving away Microsoft Points for any reason? I had 70 points and now I randomly have 1450.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's 'cause you're awesome! Yeah!

I just posted something similar.  I've literally had 1000's of msp's added to my account

Damn it, I guess I was late.

I wanted to get Mafia II :(

Nothing here.

I'm wondering if i can gift some as i have waaay more than i can use and i posted this in my thread:

o

o

o

I called MS today as every time i switched on my account i had more points and when i say more points, i mean thousands of more points.  Naturally my initial concern was someone had gotten my card details (that are attached to my account) and were buying points, so like i said, i called MS support and told them what was happening.  Anyway, it transpired that Xbox rewards had glitched on some accounts, which led to some people getting more points than they were entitled to and becasue i had called up and had been honest with them, i was told i could keep the aforementioned points as a gesture of goodwill.

So aye, on to my initial question; is it possible to gift points to others?   I'd like to give both my nephew and one of his mate's some points as there's no way I'm ever going to use what i now have.

Nah. But now, I am doubting you.

I don't think you can give points as a gift.

I wonder if I'll get to keep my extra points.

I can confirm this, I thought someone got my credit card and added points to my account or something.Whatever MS I am very grateful!

[quote user="SpeckledEagle"]Nah. But now, I am doubting you. [/quote]

I don't know you from Adam, buddy and as such, I'm not here to convince you one way or another.

same here. I had 40msp and now i have a 1000msp!