Are installs mandatory on X1?

I know that on PS4 installation of the disc is mandatory, you cant play the game from the disc itself.

Is that the case on Xbox One as well? I personally just prefer to run from the disc, saves a lot of HDD memory. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i think there will be mandatory installs on xbone games, though i'm not sure if it'll work like ps4 or if all games will force installs.

500 gig hard drive and the option to use external hard drives as well.

You're worried about memory?

Lol, ya ok.

All games must be installed on Xbox One. You can play while a game installs.

IGN showed the size of each game install. Even if you got all the launch titles, you still wouldn't fill up your HDD.

but you quickly will ^

You'd be surprised. I have a hard drive dedicated for games only 100 GB out of 1TB. Also games should be bigger now like 15-30GB now. So it wouldn't be that hard to fill up 500 GB. That's not including other media and  files.

That's assuming you bother keeping the games after you're done playing them. Not sure why you would keep something installed if you are no longer playing it.

installs are mandatory because of blu ray limitations.  They don't read as fast as DVD does.  That's why there are mandatory installs on the PS3 now.

I want the XB1 so bad. I think it now needed to do.

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

All games must be installed on Xbox One. You can play while a game installs.

[/quote]
Thanks man! :)

The closer it gets to launch the more I wish was was able to pre-order one. Doubt there will be any on shelf for a very long time.